What's new

Happy Birthday To Me DVD Soundtrack has been replaced!!! (1 Viewer)

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
The fact remains that the original composers are still credited on the film. If all of their music was removed (besides that one final credits song), Columbia would have (or at least should have) removed their credits from the film also. If Columbia is so worried about legal issues or lawsuits, maybe they should worry about the people who composed this new score and songs (with actual lyrics) who are NOT credited at all on this new DVD.

I think the only way anyone is ever going to get to the bottom of this is to track down the original composers and find out from them what's going on. Surely, they may object to being credited with such an awful new score when they had basically NOTHING to do with it.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I havent seen this movie before (I was too young back in the day); but with Happy Birthday, Terror Train (Blech) etc recenlty being released; Ive been renting them from Netflix to catch up on my 80s horror.

How bad and how much has supposedly been changed on HBTM?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I watched this film for the first time with the DVD and of course didn't notice any "changes" so they didn't bother me. I thought the score at the start was just how the film was and I didn't think it was too bad.

In other words, if you've never seen the film then I doubt you'll notice. However, it's strange we'd get a pre-released version. The transfer was near brilliant however so I'm somewhat a fan of Columbia again.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
It's true that you can't really notice if you're unfamiliar with the movie already. I wouldn't have been able to tell either if I hadn't compared it with the VHS. But having done so, it's a shame that the opening feel of the movie has now been changed from "low-key dread and fear" to "fun high school hijinks".

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I dunno -- this was my first time seeing the movie, and I didn't know the score was replaced before sitting down with the DVD. To me, the score sounded laughably generic, like it could've been lifted from any '70s TV show of pretty much any genre. I couldn't tell from a listen that that wasn't the original score, but I could tell that it wasn't very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks