What's new

Happy Birthday Cees (pronounced Case) and Happy Birthday Dave Lawson! (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Cees. Sorry I missed it this year. Happy belated birthday! Ill make it up to you and buy you a pint next week. I cant wait to see Amsterdam, it will be my first visit there. (and cold is a relative thing....its going to be minus 12 F tomorrow night in Maine!! ).

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Ugh...we were out of state this year for a wedding, and I completely forgot. :eek: Happy belated birthday, Cees, and congratulations on the grandchild!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Thanks, David! A wedding is an excellent reason to forget birthdays (except, of course, those of the radiantly-looking-forward-to-it children). Cees

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Cees, make sure you dont fracture your hip....then fall ! ;-) It was great seeing you and Josephine again!! Stay well.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Ha, ha, ha, Gregg.
Unfortunately we only discussed that theory very shortly and superficially.
(But did you know there was an American trial a few years ago, aimed in another direction - preventing elderly people to break their hip - that indirectly but strongly supports my theory?)
Yes, we too loved the diner hours and our conversations! Glad to see you had a safe journey back home!
Cees

Happy birthday, Cees! I have fond memories as your table mate at the Home Theater Cruise back in '02 (has it really been that long?). I hope you're having a wonderful day today!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Happy Birthday, David! Happy Birthday, Cees!

I hope you have not yet tired of getting similar presents over the years...

monica-belluci-dressing.jpg
scarlett-johansson-2014-wallpapers-01-600x337.jpg

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Thanks again, Mike...not sure you could ever get tired of those two. I'll leave it up to you to decide which two I mean, but I suppose the answer is correct regardless. ;)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Wow, my turn to be a bit late to the party (although only by a few hours).

Happy Birthday David!
Your child (gender still unspecified until now :) ) is two years now, isn't it?

Zen, great to see a psot of you once more!
(Here and there, I still occasionally cite the Corleone haiku you once posted - that was you wasn't it?)

Roy, yes it must have been 2002 (time flies like a banana, indeed). It was my first cruise: since then I went at least once every year. I started to advise friends to take a cruise at least once, to find out if they like it!
(Here's a pic made last september during our last cruise, on my wife's mobile phone: )

2013-09-19 04.13.22_DxOcr.jpg

Sumner, I just found out that I missed two of your PM's following our previous conversation! (Damned new system! I will reply now a.s.a.p.) You're not old, but apparently I am.

Well, Mike, my pics aren't as big as those two you posted (to continue on David's joke).

Gregg, as thread-starter (and when you read this): see you in a couple of weeks!

I myself had a fine birthday. This was the first of my birthday parties attended (for both of us) by my granddaughter Benthe, now just over 1 years old. "Grandpa" (Dutch: Opa) is one of the words she clearly says. :)

CL8_0538_DxOc600.jpg

Thanks, everyone! Mike, special thanks for the gifts. One never gets too old to appreciate eye-candy... uhm true beauty, I mean.

Cees

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Cees Alons said:
Happy Birthday David!
Your child (gender still unspecified until now :) ) is two years now, isn't it?
He turned three last month, actually, and is still an only child. We'll see if we can remedy that before I get too old. ;) Glad to see you are still doing well!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
David, I see the error in my thinking now (juggling with '11 and '12 against '13 and '14).Don't worry. Charlie Chaplin was in his eighties when he got Geraldine. Sure you can! :)

Thank you, John and Aaron!

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Ha, ha, thanks, Dave!

I invariably have an hesitation to bump this thread, because it has my name in the title.

So, you know what? I'm going to (mis-)use my powers to change the name of this thread and simply add yours too!

Happy Birthday Dave!!

Cees

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I appreciate that, Cees, and thanks for the birthday wishes. Would it also be an abuse of power for Mike to post the usual birthday pictures now that he is a moderator? ;)

So, you know what? I'm going to (mis-)use my powers to change the name of this thread and simply add yours too!

Happy Birthday Dave!!

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks