What's new

HAPPY 95TH BIRTHDAY DORIS DAY (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
One of the greats. I watched a couple of her early pictures on TCM yesterday during this monsoon we had going on here, and she's captivating even in her early days as a film performer. And that voice just melts you.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
One of the greats. I watched a couple of her early pictures on TCM yesterday during this monsoon we had going on here, and she's captivating even in her early days as a film performer. And that voice just melts you.

It's one of my regrets that Doris's enormous success in movies has distracted attention from the fact that she is one of the great singers of popular songs with good melodies and literate lyrics. Her catalog of record albums is as admirable as those of Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Great excuse to bring out THE THRILL OF IT ALL on Blu-ray, Universal!

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
It's one of my regrets that Doris's enormous success in movies has distracted attention from the fact that she is one of the great singers of popular songs with good melodies and literate lyrics. Her catalog of record albums is as admirable as those of Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole.
She had the sweetest vibrato this side of heaven.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Can't believe she quit acting 44 years ago. Maybe she and Kirk Douglas could do something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks