What's new

Happy 100th Birthhday Kirk Douglas! (1 Viewer)

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Happy 100th to one of my very favorite actors. C'mon Paramount...we need In Harm's Way and Last Train From Gun Hill on Blu-ray! You can do it!

Kirk Douglas 100th.jpg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I didn't realise he was as old as that. Congratulations, Mr. Douglas. Well done. Many happy returns etc . . . and many thanks too for all the pleasure your work has provided to me and to millions of others.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Love so many of his performances especially in Champion, Ace in the Hole, Detective Story, The Bad and the Beautiful, Lust for Life, The Vikings, Spartacus, and Seven Days in May.

Of course, everyone can have their own "likes". But on the interstitial that TCM has played for several years, narrated by Kirk's son, Michael, we are informed that Kirk's own favorite is Lonely are the Brave.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yes, happy birthday Mr. Douglas. I was wondering why there was so many Kirk Douglas films on the movie channel yesterday. You'd have thought Warner would have released The Bad & The Beautiful on Blu-ray to celebrate. See Warner, we're never satisfied:)

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
A few days late, but Happy Birthday. Your performances in Spartacus and Cast A Giant Shadow are two of my favorites.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...] You'd have thought Warner would have released The Bad & The Beautiful on Blu-ray to celebrate. [...]
"Bad" for not releasing it; but "Beautiful" that Mr. Douglas is still with us.
Happy 101 to the original Randle Patrick McMurphy.:cheers:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks