1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy 100th Birthday, Bob Hope

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Karl_Luph, May 29, 2003.

1. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

I meant to post this earlier.To Bob Hope, one of the greatest entertainers ever, a very much heartfelt thanks for the memories!

2. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    100 Years old!!! Amazing!! [​IMG]

Sadly I hear that Bob is deaf and almost blind, but how many of us will reach 100 years of age? A true Hollywood great, I'm a fan and have many of his films in my movie collection, my favorite being The Paleface, and Road to Morocco was the best of the Road series IMO, I think I'll watch them both this weekend as a tribute to Hope.

Happy 100th Birthday Bob!![​IMG]

ps. This thread would probably have had more of a response in Movies.

3. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

Thanks Steve for the post. You're right, I probably should have posted it in the Movies section. I was beginning to think that most of the folks here were too young to understand how huge Bob Hope was and what he meant to our troops overseas. If Bob Hope never won an oscar, he sure deserved one for his lifetime acheivements as an entertainer and humanitarian.

4. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    Thanks, Karl. I'm especially grateful for Mr. Hope's unwaivering and uncompromising commitment to the men and women in the armed forces. No entertainer that I know of has shown such respect, admiration, and love for our service men and women.

However, even as much as I admire him, I must confess I had no idea he was still alive. :b

5. andrew markworthy

Yet another successful British export. [​IMG]