Happiness of the Katakuris

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Leopold, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I just received my R3 copy of this in the mail today, and instantly sat down to watch it. For those who haven't seen it, I'll say that it's definitely one of the most interesting movies I've ever seen. I enjoyed it, but I'd imagine a lot of people would walk away from this scratching their heads in confusion. I originally saw the trailer for this on the Audition DVD. I believe it's probably as far from Audition as any movie can get. The basic story is that a family opens a guest house, has bad luck with, then finally starts to gets customers, and their luck (or more to the point, their customers' luck) takes a dire turn for the worse. It's also a musical. And has claymation. And a karaoke sequence. And zombies. Singing. It's a unique movie, unlike any I've seen, and worth seeing, IMO. The image looked nice on my little 20" screen in the bedroom, if that tells you anything. The only extra on the disc is the trailer, but surprisingly that also has subtitles. Overall, I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.

2. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

YA know. I got this not too long ago. And after the introduction... it kinda twisted my head too much to continue. I'll check it out this weekend since it's one of the last DVDs I have that I haven't watched yet! Thanks for the positive review