What's new

HANS ZIMMER scores in top 5 on "MOST POPULAR MOVIE SCORE" (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
Although ZIMMER had been recycling his previous works to new movies,most recently BLACK HAWK DOWN,it does not pull him down from the "most popular score" chart.Instead,he got himself into the top 5 position.
This time,he did his recycling right in this movie.
http://moviemusic.com/charts.asp

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
It's funny, I didn't think he recycled much for his Black Hawk Down score at all. Yes while I think that score borrows perhaps a bit TOO much from Burwell's 3 Kings score, it didn't sound at all synthy which is what I've often come to dislkie about Zimmer's (and other media ventures) work. BHD is actually the first score of Zimmer's since Prince of Egypt and Thin Red Line that I've truly taken to.

Dan (UK)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
the first time i heard of hans was from his score for Point of No Return. i thought the music was so beautiful. it still enjoys moderate rotation in my cd collection. for me...that's saying a lot.
i also think "you're so cool" from the True Romance cd is an amazing tune.
but now, he's like everywhere. maybe it's just that i hate it when something i like becomes popular, or maybe it's just over-exposure, but i can't get into his new stuff at all.
oh well...i still like danny elfman...who i should mention i've been listening to (a la oingo boingo :emoji_thumbsup: ) since the early 80's. his stuff still catches my attention. i crack up when i hear all these rip-offs...

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Bump.

Yang if you're still around, amplifying what Dan mentions, what do you feel was recycled about HZ's BHD score? Specifically, which film scores did he, um, 're-purpose'? I've no doubt that I've missed some of HZ's work (Last Samurai was his 100th score), but BHD sounded unlike anything I'd heard from him before.

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks