What's new

Hannibal (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The sub-textual handling of Bella Crawford's - so nice to see Gina Torres again - cancer and Graham's realization of it during the questioning of a suspect was wonderfully played. Highlight of the episode. Both actors gave very controlled but amazingly poignant portrayals.
And a wonderful example that what is NOT being said or is only being intimated, can be just as powerful, even not more so, that what is being shown or told.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I read on Twitter that the episode that wasn't aired is now on iTunes, but I haven't been able to check.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yes, "Ceuf" is available in the iTunes Store as well as Amazon Instant Video.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
'Entree' was an interesting amalgamation of elements from the various films. I don't know if Miriam Lass was in the novels, but she was definitely reminiscent of Clarice Starling.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Another solid episode this week. I have to watch this show during the afternoon with the lights on, but man is it well-crafted television.As the sole remaining show NBC hasn't either renewed or cancelled, it's truly the bubble show of bubble shows. I hope it comes back.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Another solid episode this week. I have to watch this show during the afternoon with the lights on, but man is it well-crafted television.As the sole remaining show NBC hasn't either renewed or cancelled, it's truly the bubble show of bubble shows. I hope it comes back.
Keep reading conflicting articles about this. Looks like they're planning a second season, lining up guest-stars, etc. but no official yes/no decision on renewal yet.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I really hope this is renewed, because it's excellent. That being said, it feels like one of those things where they know they're going to cancel it after the season ends, but they don't want to lose the current viewers. I would absolutely love to be wrong though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've heard word that there are a couple cable networks interested in picking it up if NBC ultimately decides to pass. I think it would be an ideal fit with FX. Sony Pictures Television is generally pretty aggressive about keeping its shows on the air, often willing to give networks sweetheart deals to keep a show on the air when it's "on the bubble." The situation with "Hannibal" is a bit more complicated because it's a three-way co-production between the de Laurentiis family's company, Gaumont International and Sony. Dino De Laurentiis had the film rights to Hannibal Lecter before he passed away,

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Terrific news. Based on the press release, its audience skewing younger than most shows and towards higher income viewers was key to the renewal.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I have really enjoyed this show and am super psyched it's been picked up. Mads Mikkelsen is phenomenal in his role.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The last episode was pretty creepy. And we finally get to see Hannibal actually using his butchering skills outside the kitchen.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Sean Bryan said:
Good news indeed. I enjoy this disturbing show.
Ditto on that comment, couldn't have said it better. Glad it's coming back.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I'm catching up on episodes now. I had put my watching on hold, pending news of a 2nd season or not.

I have to say that the clock face test Will takes for Hannibal was really eerie. Just the way they film it where he sees it as perfectly normal and then blank-face Hannibal sees a totally screwed up clock. Just...disturbing.

I can't get Hannibal's endgame here. He seems to be telling Scully that he likes Will, but he is purposefully screwing with Will in the biggest way possible. Holding back encephalitis information? Couldn't that kill Will? Or at least drive him totally over the edge? Does Hannibal want him to fall over the edge because he thinks Will will understand him at that point?

It's been a long time since I read Red Dragon...so, I forget exactly what Hannibal wants/needs from Will. I do remember his relationship with Clarice was always one of mentor/mentee...Will is more of an equal but opposite.

I'm not sure...curious to see how they continue to escalate this. I still have 1 or 2 episodes of this season to dive into.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I have to think they need to pull back a little at some point because if the level of crazy keeps up, they'll end up just needing to lock Will up. My guess is that by season 2 he'll be medicated for the encephalitis.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I'm caught up now. 2 episodes left this season. Will is so bad, I think they may start medicating for the encephalitis this season.

This show has, without a doubt in my mind, captured the essence of the Hannibal Lecter character. Humanity really is a vast intellectual experiment to him. Will included - and he LIKES Will!

I think Jack is definitely getting curious now. He has gut feelings about things and boy his gut is telling him to wonder how/why Lecter seems to be around/attached to all this shit going down. It looks like Hannibal will try to turn that attention to Will in the final 2 episodes. I hope they don't catch Hannibal this season. Save it for next year.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Quentin said:
I'm catching up on episodes now. I had put my watching on hold, pending news of a 2nd season or not.
I do the same thing with a lot of shows that are "on the edge". I did finish out "Body of Proof", but with most shows, if there's not enough episodes to give it a proper closing, I just drop them. The networks seem to just use them as "filler" material in their schedules, so my interest fades pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks