Hannibal: Edited for DVD? ** NO SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mick B, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Mick B

Mick B Stunt Coordinator

Since I haven't seen this movie yet, could someone please explain what this thread is about. It seems they are not using the black spoiler bars.
    Thanks
    Mick

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I'll keep the spoiling down to a minimum. I apologise if even this is a problem. Basically, one of the scenes near the end of the film is rather gruesome, and just as with Psycho (and Ridley Scott's previous film, Gladiator for that matter) some people were convinced they saw things in the cinema that they didn't really. Charlie de Lauzirika himself has joined the thread to confirm that its probably all in their mind, but there is still some debate that the 'missing' shot, while not in the US threatrical cut, might have been in some European versions, as the IMDb lists the running time as two minutes longer. So far, it would appear that all DVD versions have the US cut however, if you were interested in hunting it down.

3. Mick B

Mick B Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info Iain. I was very curious about the thread but didn't want to risk reading it. I plan to rent the dvd this weekend.
    Mick