Hanna Barbera TV Specials?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MarcoBiscotti, Jun 6, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Why is it that only the Scooby-Doo t.v. specials are currently available on DVD and in significant numbers too, while all the classic and most memorable Hanna Barbera t.v. specials are nowhere to be found?

Do you think we'll ever see any of the well-known holiday specials like Yogi's First Christmas or A Flintstone Christmas, Casper's First Christmas, etc. or the t.v. movies like Jetsons Meet The Flintstones, Flintstones Little Big League and early 80's specials like The Flintstone Meet Rockula and Frankenstone and The Flintstones and The New Neighbors, etc?

Many of these aren't broadcast as often anymore and they are staples of my childhood growing up, I'd kill to have them on DVD. They'd also be a lot easier to market as family fare and since many of these are only 30-45 minutes, they could be packaged together by theme, i.e. - Flinstone Chritsmas + Flintstone Christmas Carol... Casper's Halloween Special + Casper's First Christmas... The Flinstones Meet Rockula & Frankenstone + Flintstone New Neighbors, etc...

I'm sure if released during the holiday season these would be big sellers, plus they'd be cheap to produce and could retail for around $20.. I can't imagine something like "Yogi's First Christmas" not moving units at that cost! These would be marketable to all ages...

What are the chances of seeing these on DVD in the near-future?

2. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I second "A Flintstone Christmas", and "The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones". These were two of my all-time favourites back in the day. I also loved both the Yogi Bear and Casper Christmas specials as well. I too grew up watching these as a kid, and while I have "A Flintstone Christmas" on VHS, I'd much rather have it on a nice shiny disc. Two other Hanna Barbera movies I should mention that I'd like to see made available are "Yogi's Great Escape" and "Rockin' With Judy Jetson". I'd glady pick up any and all of the above.

3. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    A nice Christmas box set is in order.

4. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

I'd definitely get Yogi Bear's First Christmas.

Paul

5. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I'll go for yogi bear as well