What's new

Hanna-Barbera Rebate Question (1 Viewer)

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm sure some of you know about the in-box mail-in rebate form for the classic Hanna-Barbera DVD's. (Buy 2, get $10 back by mail; buy 3, get $15 back)

I don't see anywhere on the form that the titles have to be on one receipt, but it refers to "original sales receipt", sigular, instead of "receipt(s)". Also, I bought Top Cat online from bn.com and no longer have my e-mail confirmation of the order -- would my "order status" page for this order work as a receipt? Hopefully someone who's done such mail-in rebates before can help me out.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

--Mark--

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I sent my rebate for two in about 2 weeks ago and already received the check. I did include mutiple receipts, so that is not a problem.

As for the online order receipt, I didn't do that for this one, but I do believe I've done it for a rebate in the past and it worked fine. With the number of people buying stuff online, I'm sure that the rebate companies have learned to be flexible about the definition of "receipt". My guess would be as long as the Proof Of Purchase is included along with something resembling a receipt, you'll be good to go, but that's just a guess.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Eric. I just wanted to have some sign of assurance before I cut out the UPC codes (since that messes up the box a little bit). And the fact that you got your check in just two weeks sounds great as well. Of course now I have to decide if I'm going to buy another DVD set before the offer expires so I can get $15 instead of $10.

In any event, thanks again for your reply.

--Mark--

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
On the WB cartoon rebate I did it was just the inside cardboard/flap tabs they wanted, not the bar codes.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
I'm still pissed they want receipts on this one. With my usual "stellar" receipt organization, I've managed to misplace one, and that ends up costing my $5. I mean, it's one thing to require a receipt from something that you purchase then and send in the rebate, but having to keep them around for months is bad. Oh well, $10 is better than nothing.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator

Shoot. I cut up the boxes for nothing. The rebate says to send the "UPC or proof of purchase tab". I guess I really didn't look hard enough because I didn't see any kind of proof of purchase other than the UPC code. Oh well. It's not as if I look at the back of the box that much anyway.

--Mark--

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks