What's new

Hanna Barbera fans rejoice! Jonny Quest, Flintstones, Jetsons coming! (1 Viewer)

Rob Keil

Agent
I have all the Jetsons episodes which are my personal off-air recordings, but I'd gladly pony up the money for a commercially produced set. I've been waiting for this one. It would be nice to have the entire series (the REAL ones from the sixties) for $60.

Flintstones I'm not sure.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Repeating news from bottom of Page 2 of this thread (so it's not buried) :) ............

>> "Fellow JQ fan Chris Carney wrote...
I read this morning on Coming Attractions (http://members.cox.net/comingattractions/) that a release date of May 12th has been set for the complete 1st season on DVD. This is my only source of information for this news, so a second source may be in order before you post this news on your Quest site, but it's worth looking into.

The data on the above-mentioned web site is posted below:
---------------------------------------
JONNY QUEST SEASON ONE DVD SET - Coming in May!
The JONNY QUEST SEASON ONE DVD Set is coming this May from Warner Home Video!

Follow young, intrepid adventurer Jonny Quest, his scientist father Dr. Benton Quest, bodyguard Race Bannon, boyhood companion Hadji, and pup Bandit, in the globe-trotting, harrowing exploits featured in this DVD set collecting all 26 Season 1 episodes of Hanna/Barbera's 1964-65 animated classic!

The March PREVIEWS solicitation indicates that this DVD set is scheduled to ship in April 2004. The retailer ordering data lists May 12th as the ship date."

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Should we expect The Jetsons on the same day as Jonny Quest? It would make sense if Warner released two HB sets at a time, like they are doing with Flintstones/Scooby in March (and with Adult Swim titles as well).

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
David,
From this, I can assume that the Quest DVDs have been worked on for a while now.

I'm guessing that if the May 12 date is close, then it will actually be May 11, but I don't know that for sure.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the nugget, Casey. :)
A documentary eh? Cool beans! :)

I hope you're correct about them being in the works for some time (that bodes better for the final PQ, I'm sure you'd agree).

However, IF they have been "in the works" for a long time, WB (et al) sure did a good job of keeping the project under wraps. Because the DVD sites didn't get *any* wind of it until the first rumors on Jan. 13th! (And, based on what I've seen of the DVD enthusiast sites, they seem to have their collective ears against the DVD keyhole most of the time. So, it's surprising that any DVD product can be kept secret from our ever-prying eyes. :))

Mark To

Supporting Actor
How about Top Cat? That was my favorite and it was also a prime time show. A lot of the Hanna Barbera shows were only aimed at kids. Top Cat also worked for adult audiences. I hope if these sell well they will get around to it. I would think eventually we'll see Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Magilla Gorilla and please Warners, Quick Draw McGraw.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Gord over at TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted information regarding both Jonny Quest, and the Jetsons. Both will be released on May 11, both carry the same SRP as the Flintstones and Scooby Doo and both have a fair amount of extras. They've also got a look at the packaging for each.

Good news indeed.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm way excited for both Flintstones and Jetsons........but particularly the Flintstones, especially when the sixth season comes out because of the episode entitled "Samantha". That is when Samantha and Darrin Stephens move into Bedrock and the girls go camping with Samantha.

ToddL

Grip
Real Name
Todd
I hope this is not too far off topic since this cartoon was mentioned in one of the other posts.

Has anyone heard any news lately about the release of Tom and Jerry that was mentioned during last year's chat with Warner? Warner said that they were going to be releasing the early uncut Tom and Jerry cartoons in volumes.

Can someone who will be participating in the next Warner chat ask about this?

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I wonder why, though, they'll be utilizing an image from the 1980s version of JQ for the cover art. (At least it looks to me like a promo photo for the 1987 series.)

The characters were drawn slightly differently for the 1964 series, esp. Race Bannon. (Race looks a bit more "hardened" in the later '80s version.)

Rob Keil

Agent
JETSONS
Yes!!

Cool cover Art (see tvshowsondvd.com) and extras to boot.

I'll buy mine the day it comes out.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
David VP,

That's an excellent point about the JQ cover art being shown at Gord & David's site. That definitely isn't a drawing based on the original 60's series! I hope that gets changed to something more appropriate.

Gary OS

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I just emailed the WB person in charge of the releases to let them know that the characters look different than in the version they are releasing.

Gord

John KB

Second Unit
How many seasons/episodes are there of the ORIGINAL run of The Jetsons?

While not as high of a priority as The Flinstones for me, I'll still be picking it up on release day!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Gord,

Thanks so much for doing that! I know I speak for many fans of the classic cartoons when I express gratitude toward you for taking time to point that out to people that might be able to make a difference.

I also understand that it might be too late to change the cover art now, but at least they are aware of the problem.

Gary OS

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. (I guess I'm not out of my mind after all, thinking the characters look slightly "different". :))

It's still a nice-looking cover...but it *would* be better if they used an "official" 1964 piece of artwork.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
24 Original Episodes (1962-1963).

Upon looking at that S.1 Ep. List, I now remember how good some of those "Jetsons" programs were/are. Just might have to bow down and get that one, too. :)

"Season 2" came years later, in 1984. So, just like Jonny Quest, there was really just ONE "Classic" season (if you please).

(Can anyone spare a 'Cogswell Cog'? I'm running a tad bit low on Cogs this week. :D)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Gord, thanks for doing that and for keeping us informed, I have a curious interest as to what their reaction will be.

You da man!

I'm really looking forward to 3/16 and now 5/11, although trying to figure out how to afford all of this is making me look less forward to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks