What's new

Hanks 'set for Ladykillers remake' (1 Viewer)

Guy_K

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup: Sounds interesting. I bet they'll cast some Coen regulars as well, such as Bescemi or John Goodman.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
As much as I love the Coens, I'm not sure that's enough to make me put up with Tom Hanks... maybe they could cast a block of wood to be the co-star...

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I usually HATE remakes as a general rule, but dammitt it's the Coen Brothers! Creators of The Dude, Nathan Arizona, and Barton Fink! :emoji_thumbsup:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I just read this a few minutes ago-Hanks in a Coen Brothers movie?!?!
Should be great!

John Watson

Screenwriter
I'm of two minds about this...

1. The real Lady Killers just arrived on DVD Hurrah!

2. The Coen Brothers Maybe they could?

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I saw the trailer before I saw Monster last week. Looks like another winning movie from the Coen Brothers.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I have mixed feelings about this. I'm a big fan of the Coens, and I love the original Ladykillers, but it's so quintessentially British in its humor that I'm not sure this can work all that well. My hope is that it'll work if it can be thought of as "suggested" by the original movie, or something like that, instead of a straight-up remake.

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
Looks ok, might be refreshing to see Tom Hanks come back to his roots. I used to like his comedies in the 80s.

I also noticed that now Ethan Coen is also listed as director, I think it's the frist time they are both listed ..

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Different strokes for different folks.

As much as I love Tom Hanks, and the original film, I'm not sure that's enough to make me put with the Coens... maybe they could get a block of wood to be the co-writer and 1st AD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks