What's new

Hanging surround speaker on door? (1 Viewer)

Scott*B

Stunt Coordinator
Just decided to purchase a new house. It currently belongs to some people I know. I went today to measure the bonus room which will be my new HT room. My old HT room is 16x25 and this room is only 11x17 so I'm gonna have to make a few sacrifices it appears in getting things layed out. From my preliminary measurements it looks like one of my surround speakers is gonna have to hang on a door that goes into the attic. I don't think this will be a big deal but thought I'd run the idea past the faithful readers here at HTF. I'm assuming some sort of sound deadening material will need to be placed on the back of the door. Thanks in advance.

BTW the speaker is a JBL E10 surround speaker.

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
I would not hang a speaker on a door. How about hanging it from the ceiling. Is there just no other place to hang it? Give us a diagram so we can see what is going on.

Scott*B

Stunt Coordinator
I'll try and get a diagram best I can. Basically the room is 17' deep and 11' feet wide. The TV and A/V rack etc will be on the far wall as you enter room. Seating position will be at rear of room about 3' off rear wall or so. The surround speakers will need to be hung as close as possible to being ever to or behind the seating position. The left surround speaker is no problem as it will be hung on wall. The right surround speaker however if hung even with the left surround speaker will be on the door entering the attic. This door will very rarely ever be opened.

Scott*B

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a floor layout. Room is to scale but couch, TV, speakers etc. are just rough guesses. Again thanks for the help. Save the picture and then open for best quality. Internet Explorer doesn't display the picture correctly it seems.

Room layout

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks