What's new

Hanging speakers from a cathedral ceiling. (1 Viewer)

Mark Bregar

Auditioning
I'm trying to hang a set of Boston Acoustics VRS speakers from a high ceiling. I'd mount them on the walls if I had 2 of them to mount them on but we live in a somewhat modern house and the builder (and my wife) thought it was cool to have "open" rooms. The problem I'm having is finding something that is long enough to bring the speakers down from the ceiling to a reasonable height. I need about a 3-4 foot extension to the speaker from the ceiling.

Do you guys know of anyone who makes something like this??

Mark Bregar

Auditioning
Anyone know where I can find a hollow steel shaft with threads on it that would attach to a custom omni-mount??

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know where I can find a hollow steel rod with threads on it that would attach to a custom omni-mount??
Yeah...most any home centers worth their salt should have one at most sizes you would need. You can even get them cut and threaded in custom lengths from ummm....3/8 dia. to 2 inch.

And from black to galvanized. The black is used for natural gas and so forth and would be a bit less expensive than galvanized pipe. Of course you'll probably have to paint it your choice of colors.

Rick A.

Auditioning
Might take a look at the ceiling fan extension rods. Sounds like this could meet your needs.

Mark Bregar

Auditioning
I thought about the ceiling fan extensions, but I'd prefer something slimmer. If I cant find anything than I think that is the road I'll take.

Omni mount makes a custom adapter that takes a 1/4" dia shaft/rod with a 20 pitch thread. If I could find something like that (hollow for speaker wire), I think I'd be set.
I talked to Omni mount and they didn't have a clue as to what to connect their custom mount to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks