Hanging brackets for Paradigm Mini Monitors?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel I, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Daniel I

Daniel I Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know of a good solution for mounting Mini monitors onto a ceiling?
    Daniel I
    [​IMG]

2. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

Bumping up for a second chance. Now that my baby is moving around I am interested in possibilities.

3. GarryW

GarryW Stunt Coordinator

Brackets for Mini-Monitors are not available thru Paradigm. Check out www.audioadvisor.com as they do have something that might work.
    One of the benefits of the ADP series is they mount very nicely to the wall with the brackets provided.
    Good reason to upgrade if you like dipoles and they are also more appealing to the wife than Mini-Monitors on brackets!

4. Dan Baxter

Dan Baxter Agent

5. Ron Eastman

Ron Eastman Second Unit

Thanks for posting that Crutchfield link, Dan!

I've been following this thread closely as I've been looking for wall mounts for my Mini Monitors as well. These are the first I've seen that don't require drilling, offer tilt and swivel and appear to be beefy enough to give me peace of mind. They look perfect for my needs.

Thanks again!

6. Daniel I

Daniel I Stunt Coordinator

Those crutchfield Btech mounts looks perfect, I wonder if I could hang the Mini-monitors with them instead or having the grip underneath. Hmm I wonder if they would hold it reliably.

Thanks for the link!

Daniel

7. EricHaas

EricHaas Supporting Actor

You can also try www.omnimount.com as an alternative. Their stuff is a tad pricey, but very effective. Believe it or not, I am wall mounting a pair of Studio 20's (22 lbs. each) with a pair of their mounts and they work beautifully. They have everything in their line. And you can get them much cheaper than MSRP off the web.

8. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Eric/Dan,

Do either of you have pics of the Studio 20's mounted? I sorta thought these were too big, but that would really be nice if these were wall mountable.

Aaron

9. Dan Baxter

Dan Baxter Agent

I actually thought they would be to big. However they actually look really good. They are some of the best made brackets I have seen. I think they hold up to 55lbs. It's really nice not to have to drill a pair of studio 20's. I will try and post a picture today for you.

Dan

10. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Since the Mini's are a rear port wouldn't that lead to problems when too close to the wall? I'm pretty sure you want the speakers to be atleast 16-24" away from the wall??

Kevin

11. Dan Baxter

Dan Baxter Agent

I have them set to small and hanv't noticed any problems. You can by a port plug from paradigm if it is a problem. I don't notice any big diffrence in sound having them next to the walls. I think you would notice a diffrence if they were your mains and running full range or music.