What's new

Hand that Rocks Cradle Rereleased (1 Viewer)

Ron G

Grip
Noticed that their are 2 versions of this film on store shelves. (1)The original release with the Widescreen banner on top ( non-anamorphic )(2)A different release with the same content but the Widescreen banner is missing from the top of the cover & the back touts an anamorphic transfer.

Was wondering if Touchstone plans on rereleasing other catalog titles to include anamorphic transfers.

Would love to get Con Air , Ransom , Enemy of the State , Crimson Tide & others in anamorphic WS.

Anyone have info on this ?

Ron

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
I don't have anything substantial to add, but it would be quite amazing if Disney was actually sneaking out anamorphic reissues.

Do you have any cover scans? (Probably not, but worth a shot)

What store did you find this at?

-Chad

Ron G

Grip
Sorry , no scans as I have not yet purchased the disc. I saw them at Best Buy $ 14.99 ea. ( good deal ). The original release has the standard " Widescreen" banner on the top of the cover.The new reissue does not have the banner & the back of the disc details an anamorphic transfer. I just found this kinda strange as I had not heard about Touchstone re-releasing this film with a new transfer. Hopefully they visit others in their catalog...

Ron

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Just wondering if anyone has picked this "new" disc up yet? I'm just looking for a confirmation that the movie is now 16x9 enhanced. Thanks in advance.

Harrison Shinn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harrison Shinn
I picked it up from Wal-Mart about a month ago and although it states it's anamorphic and 2.35:1, it's not. It's non-anamorphic 1.85:1. It looks all right, nothing great, but not terrible. I watched it on my 36" Wega...haven't tried it out on my 16:9 RPTV though.

Cheers,

Harry

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I am sooooo gald I put this back. I had it in my hand yesterday, but after being burned by judge dredd saying it was anamorphic, I figured I would check here first. WHY on earth do they keep doing this? Heck, this thread is 2 plus years old, and there are STILL misleading cases out there? I figured the companies would stop publishing these cases that are mislabeled.. :angry: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Whats really bad about this is that when the disc was originally released it had the correct specs on it. Disney reprinted the case with wrong specs. Notice they say that it is 2.35:1 aspect ratio when it is actually 1.85:1. It seems to me that Disney is trying to trick owners of 16x9 TVs because usually a 2.35 16x9 enhanced movie looks like a aspect ratio of 1.85. At least that is what I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks