What's new

Hamsters? Gerbils? Who knows about these creatures? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If you do get a hamster, make sure to get a hamster ball that they can run around in. Very humerous to watch, the hamster likes it, and it gives them plenty of exercise. Just make sure to block off anywhere that they could fall, and keep an eye on them to make sure they don't figure out how to open the ball.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | DVD reviews at dOc

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Anyone care to enlighten me about Richard Gere and gerbil/hamster rumour? Email would be fine. :)
Thanks in advance.
Dave

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Sorry to lead this discussion away from the true topic and tackle Richard Gere again, but just to educate the uninformed about the infamous Richard Gere story:
Spoiler:There was a rumor years ago that Richard Gere was into "Gerbiling." That is, placing a gerbil in one's posterior for sexual gratification. It has been somewhat of a running joke and was even mentioned in the original "Scream". Now you know why I blacked this out, eh?
BTW: Chinchillas are really fun to watch when they have their dust baths.
------------------
THIS BAG IS NOT A TOY
Click to see 381 Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I had an ex-girlfriend that dumped a rat on me a few years ago. Didn't care much for him at first, but the little bugger grew on me. They are very friendly and clean. He didn't like all those toys that they make for gerbils, but did like crawling in the plastic pipes they make for ferretts (hamster ones are far too narrow.) Anyhow, he died suddenly after I only had him for six months. I later asked the vet and he said rats are very susceptible to respiratory infections and have short lifespans anyhow...only about two years, max. Good luck in your rodent selection.
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the input, everyone; I knew I'd get some no-nonsense info here on the HTF.
Looks like it's gonna be hamsters, based on the cuteness factor. The wife put a major kibosh on anything rat-like, particularly rats themselves. I don't doubt any of the praise posted here about rats, but in the vein of choosing my battles, I'll let her have this one :)
I have two girls. I'll get two critters and assign each of the girls a day of the week for cage cleaning duty. That way, the cages gets cleaned twice a week, each child has to only clean it once a week, and dad doesn't have to stick his hands in there at all.
Hmmm...time to start planting seeds about that new sub I want
biggrin.gif

Jon
...thinking about naming one 'Richard' and the other 'Gere'.
------------------
"This one goes to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Jon, please make sure you do not use Cedar or Pine (softwoods) for their bedding. This can cause severe allergic reactions to their respiratory system, and can kill them. (It killed mine).
more info about hamsters can be found here: http://www.ggower.com/hamsters/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks