What's new

Hammermill Business Card Stock... help? (1 Viewer)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
Got some Hammermill linen business card stock on eBay. Standard 8.5" x 11" sheets. Good price. Using our HP Officejet 5610 printer... the cards will not print properly and line up. The cards are formatted in MS-Word and they line up perfectly on the templates supplied by Hammermill. However, are putting in the linen card stock - the business cards print out differently each time. They never line up properly as the way they seem to on normal paper, i.e., the template.

What in the world is going on? Has anyone done this before? Why would the way these cards are lining up in MS-Word be different when using the business card stock? Is it a hardware issue with the printer... or a software issue with MS-Word? Help or suggestions?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure this will help, but Word is going to be screwed up unless it has the template format sent to the printer. If the Hammermill card stock is the same size as the Avery ones, you could get Word to set that up - it is under envelopes and labels, but you'll have to get the correct Avery label number. One of them is # 5376. Good luck!

Glenn

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
Glenn:

Awesome info... I'll do some snooping around in MS-Word and see how it goes. This should do the trick!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks