What's new

Hammer "Vampire Collection" (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
You're correct Mr Korstick in that those Hammer titles will more than likely see a R1 release, although not necessarily in the same form. The content possibly could be altered.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Jeff
Have you confirmed that these versions are uncut? The reason I ask this is because the U.K. version recently released of The Vampire Lovers was the cut version where the new MGM version is suppossed to be a new uncut version. So my concerns are more with the U.K. versions being cut rather than the U.S. versions.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Jeff
Have you confirmed that these versions are uncut? The reason I ask this is because the U.K. version recently released of The Vampire Lovers was the cut version where the new MGM version is suppossed to be a new uncut version. So my concerns are more with the U.K. versions being cut rather than the U.S. versions.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Randy, I'd never seen "VAMPIRE CIRCUS" or "COUNTESS DRACULA" before, so I have no personal basis for knowing if they were edited for content or altered in another way. I had seen "Twins of Evil" before, but that was in the theatre a great many yrs ago. It seemed to me upon viewing that DVD that there was not the same amount of nudity that I seemed to remember from the theatrical showing. But my memory can be faulty in this regard, so don't take what I say as gospel. My only "factual" basis for thinking that there has been content edited out is from a page at the BRITISH BOARD OF FILM CLASSIFICATION. When the film was initially submitted to the BBFC the film had a running time of 87m 21s. Subsequent showings of the film run at approximately 83m 39s. I just don't know for sure if it has been cut.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Jeff
Thanks for the update and you are correct about the British theatrical releases many times being different cuts than the U.S. ones. MGM should be releasing the region 1 releases of these and they have a pretty good recent track record of releasing horror titles uncut so I have high hopes but we will have to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks