What's new

Hammer Horror and Special Effects Collections- coming from Warner 10/6/2015 (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Charles Smith said:
The UK Mummy release is only available via third-party sellers on Amazon UK. I wonder what's up with that.
It doesn't appear to be... from my computer at least...

screenshot-www.amazon.co.uk 2015-06-13 09-13-05.png

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Let me tell you that as a collector of hundreds of LDs and some VHSs (sold them all) and thousands of SDs and BDs, there is a time when you will double dip...AND HAVE TO DOUBLE DIP...AND THIS IS ONE OF THOSE TIMES!!!

No matter what it does to the pocket book, you don't collect sci-fi/horror and not upgrade when and hoping that the BDs are worth the upgrade. Myself, I'm not getting any older (was in the Vietnam War) and this is probably my last time to see them how they were seen when they were released...and I'm hoping here.

No matter the cost, I will upgrade (for some) and never look back!!!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Billy Batson said:
A pass from me. I have the UK Mummy & it's pretty good, & the other films are late sixties rubbish Hammers (well that's my take, they got worse & worse after the mid-sixties), I'm still hoping for a non-all blue Dracula sometime.

Wow...another mans rubbish is another mans treasure. Never heard of anyone saying that any of Hammer's later enteries (especially these classics) are "RUBBISH!"

I'm more than glad that they will hold an esteemed place in my sci-fi/horror collection!!!

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
TCM is showing 2 of the Hammer titles as part of their tribute to Christopher Lee:

TCM Remembers Christopher Lee (1922-2015)

Turner Classic Movies Pays Tribute to Christopher Lee on Monday, June 22 with the following festival of films. This program will replace the previously scheduled movies for that day so please take note.

The new schedule for Monday, June 22 will be:
6:15 AM The Mummy (1959)
8:00 AM The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)
9:30 AM Horror of Dracula (1958)
11:00 AM Dracula, Prince of Darkness (1966)
12:45 PM Dracula Has Risen From the Grave (1969)
2:30 PM Horror Express (1972)
4:00 PM The Three Musketeers (1972)
6:00 PM The Four Musketeers (1975)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
John Sparks said:
What makes it maddening is wanting to watch them on TCM or waiting for the BD...me, I'll wait for the BD!!!
I already have all of them on either DVD or Blu, but will use the Watch TCM app on my iPad that day and leave them on in the background while I'm at work. And, of course, I'm buying the Warner set - the HD versions of them looked pretty good on their Instant channel.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
atfree said:
Promotion
Special Effects / Hammer Horror Collections

Franchise: Catalog
Street Date: 10/6/2015

Two Monster Collections That Reinvented Horror

First Time on Blu-ray

Source: akijama at that other forum

I am hoping the Special Effects Collection includes THEM! and The Thing from Another World
Maybe those two films will show up on a second volume which could also include Giant Behemoth.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Billy Batson said:
A pass from me. I have the UK Mummy & it's pretty good, & the other films are late sixties rubbish Hammers (well that's my take, they got worse & worse after the mid-sixties), I'm still hoping for a non-all blue Dracula sometime.
Thanks for posting your negative insight.. we really needed to read that (speaking of rubbish) :rolleyes:

Seriously, these sets are just awesome for fans like me who loved this films as a kid to adulthood. These are all great flicks, and I dont need them separately, I already ordered both box sets. If the WB Mummy is equal to or better than the UK release I can easily retire that one. This was a great day. I hope that with the including of Mighty Joe Young that more titles from their Archive series will get blu ray releases, not just the monster movies and horrors like Valley of Gwangi, and the Green Slime but just a great assortment of genres, Doc Savage, Captain Sinbad, the noirs , etc

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
atfree said:
The horror classic collection is specifically labeled "Volume 1"..... Hopefully there will be Volume 2's of both of these.

Oh, you're right. Then they're obviously saving CoF & HoD for Vol 2. As for the other two, perhaps The Face of Fu Manchu and She...what other Hammer horror/scifi does does WB own?

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
David Steigman said:
Thanks for posting your negative insight.. we really needed to read that (speaking of rubbish) :rolleyes:

Seriously, these sets are just awesome for fans like me who loved this films as a kid to adulthood. These are all great flicks, and I dont need them separately, I already ordered both box sets. If the WB Mummy is equal to or better than the UK release I can easily retire that one. This was a great day. I hope that with the including of Mighty Joe Young that more titles from their Archive series will get blu ray releases, not just the monster movies and horrors like Valley of Gwangi, and the Green Slime but just a great assortment of genres, Doc Savage, Captain Sinbad, the noirs , etc
Is the preorder up?

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
JoHud said:
Oh, you're right. Then they're obviously saving CoF & HoD for Vol 2. As for the other two, perhaps The Face of Fu Manchu and She...what other Hammer horror/scifi does does WB own?
Not sure.....but hopefully "The Thing from Another World" will headline Volume 2 of one set!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
atfree said:
Not sure.....but hopefully "The Thing from Another World" will headline Volume 2 of one set!
Warner has The Thing from another World lined up for a solo release according to WAC. A monster set could be the Black Scorpion, Giant Behemoth,

Hammer II could have Dracula 1972 AD, COF, HOD, and if they happen to license any more Hammer titles between now and next year

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
how long is WB/Paramount deal, .........

4th Hammer title Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell

and as much as I am Happy about that hammer set, that Classic Effects kicks it's ass

Son of Kong - did you ever think this was going to get a release?

Mighty Joe Young - Willis O'Brien nuff said

WB graciously unleashes more Harryhausen

Them! ........ this was instant pre order as soon as the page loaded up.

Wonder if another studio just had a bunch of classic genre films that have yet to be released.

Ahem Universal we are waiting.........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks