What's new

Pre-Order Hammer Films Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Which sets did you do?
ICONS OF ADVENTURE/HORROR/SUSPENSE. I had plans for a fourth, which would have included BLOOD ISLAND, but by then they just decided to shitcan everything. Not so fun fact: The word "Hammer" appears nowhere on the first set (ADVENTURE) because they thought there was an actual person named Hammer and would have to pay to use his name. (Of course, calling someone in Legal to verify this first was too much trouble.) Needless to say, it didn't sell as well as the other two, which did mention Hammer after I screamed myself hoarse at them for their towering stupidity.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
On sale for $35.37. Worth it? I own none of these

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'd say so... I paid ~$40 for my copy and am quite happy with it and the included films. I wouldn't exactly call it "Ultimate" though as it's missing the truly top tier Hammer titles.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Heck of a deal if you're not looking for top of the line quality and only a few extras. Other sites' reviews put the cumulative video grade for the overall set around 3 of 5, and sound at 2 of 5. Sounds like they put up to three films on a single disc so the bitrate may suffer some.

I bought the UK Indicator sets of these films which have ranged from $30 to $70 for four films, and some are region locked.

Last edited:

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Heh. Literally just ordered These are the Damned two days ago after hearing Edgar Wright sing its praises and my Creatures the World Forgot from Indicator arrived last week in a Diabolik order. They'll probably be better releases, so I won't kvetch too much.

Mill Creek is sort of a weird bird to me. Sometimes their stuff is really basement bin, but when I think about it, their big releases are often given more care than the studios provide, like their TV blu ray sets. Plus, they put out all those Andy Sidaris movies, which is doing God's work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks