What's new

Hammer Films Blu Ray in the U.S. (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
i hope so too!

makes one wonder if Alchemy is going to continue with the deal that Millennium originally had, still some titles that i would like to see,

Lust, being, one just to have the Karnstein trilogy in HD

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Just speculation but i think that many will be surprised when this comes out.

The Uni Horrors are already coming out. Universal has released an Invisble Man set in Germany and a bunch of titles in France through Elephant Films. Great stuff.

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
so inside of a week to a week and a half apart we have more Hammer announcements, now Mill Creek, is releasing some Sony titles as Double Features,
63257_2l.png
63258_2l_1.png

not a bad week for Horror fans!

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
A GOOD WEEK INDEED...........and even better IF these 2 releases have English Sub-titles.........if not ......then I along with many others will NOT be buying them............recently Mill Creek have not bothered with subs on many releases..........so their crappy attitude will hopefully not extend to these 2............

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I would love to The Abominable Snowman (1957) get re-released in Region 1; the Anchor Bay DVD is OOP and quite costly nowadays. Hammer Films did announce that remake was in the works back in November 2013 which might be the catalyst for a home video release of the original film, but I've heard nothing since about the remake which makes me wonder if it has been cancelled or is stuck in development hell.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Darby,
i would love to see it my self, but i think that was part of the deal that Alchemy (formerly Millennium Entertainment), had was the older Anchor Bay titles, i was able to get Dracula, Prince of Darkness, and Frankenstein Created Woman, and was waiting to see what would come next, ..... The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires, was released on DVD but not Blu, so who knows, maybe these will end up at Lionsgate, or one of the other studios, i could see Shout as a good fit.

PMBen

Agent
Real Name
Pablo Manzano
Since there was such a big controversy over Dracula's restoration a few years ago, I would love to hear the opinion of a true expert.

Did Mr. Robert Harris finally get to see the Blu-Ray?

kinzoels

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bill lettang
Release COF and Dracula as a twofer...you know, the old "the films that started it all" bit, restore COF and make some improvements to Dracula. It would sell for sure and we'd all be happy...be done with it for heavens sake!!!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Darby,
i would love to see it my self, but i think that was part of the deal that Alchemy (formerly Millennium Entertainment), had was the older Anchor Bay titles, i was able to get Dracula, Prince of Darkness, and Frankenstein Created Woman, and was waiting to see what would come next, ..... The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires, was released on DVD but not Blu, so who knows, maybe these will end up at Lionsgate, or one of the other studios, i could see Shout as a good fit.

guess it was Shout after all, looks like Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires is getting a blu release, question for any in the know, is this one of the Studio Canal controlled titles?

After this the only remaining Hammer Dracula not released in the US would be Scars of Dracula?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks