Hamilton (2020)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That being said, the live show is a different experience from watching the film and would absolutely still be worth attending if you can afford to do so when it is able to resume performances. The film is a terrific document of the show, but there's nothing like seeing it live in front of you.
We are subscribers in Little Rock and next year Hamilton was scheduled. Our seats are 3rd row, center right. Heavy sigh.

Reactions: DaveF

Wayne_j

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Microphones on people's foreheads always annoy me but I always get used to them after a few minutes.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I haven't seen a theatrical presentation that didn't have face mikes for years and years. Not in the big theaters in Los Angeles anyway.

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
We are subscribers in Little Rock and next year Hamilton was scheduled. Our seats are 3rd row, center right. Heavy sigh.
It's supposed to be here this fall, too, but it won't. The question is when they will reschedule it. It will happen eventually. We just have to wait for it.

Last edited:

DaveF

Real Name
Dave
We would have been watching it this month at the Kennedy Center. Friends had bought tickets the week before everything shut down. le sigh.

TJPC

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
The theatre in Toronto showing the road show company of Hamilton just before the quarantine in March apparently still has the sets and costumes ready to go at a moments notice. This shut down was only supposed to be for 2 weeks!

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
This is very different from translations like Cats, The Producers, Les Mis, etc. This is just a filming of it as it was performed in the theater. So this is something I don't know if we've seen before quite like this on the big screen. I think that alone makes it exciting and unique and more intimate for a theater experience. I've seen Hamilton in the theater in New York and Chicago, with most of the original cast (I missed LMM) but I'm eager to see it with the full, original cast. This is a fantastic event and I'm stoked!

I don't think this would be eligible for any oscars (or would it?) But who cares.
Not quite the same as the stage show- some dialogue was edited out .Who was the brains,or lack of them, behind this editing?

• Disagree
Reactions: Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Not quite the same as the stage show- some dialogue was edited out .Who was the brains,or lack of them, behind this editing?
It is the entire show. Only two F-bombs in a two hour 40 minute running time full of words were silenced to make it PG-13. To say that it is "not quite the same as the stage show" because two words got censored is a stretch. Lin-Manuel Miranda approved this, and it's his show. If he's fine with it, I'm not sure why anyone else thinks it is a big deal.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Muppets thing is a really funny idea in theory, but it gets old after a couple songs. Having Camilla as Angelica also takes away all of the clever wordplay in Satisfied because it is all clucking.

Reactions: DaveF