HALO: Static image display question...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Micheal, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Is there always a static image (Score, health meter, etc..) displayed on the screen while playing Halo? If so can it be turned off? I'm curious because I might pick up an Xbox to play on my CRT Projector but only if this is an option...

Thanks in advance..

Mike

2. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

why is this a concern with a projector? just curious.

and yes it does have a static thingy in the corners..like health and ammo i think (just played for a few in the mall)

3. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

It's a CRT projector and the static images (over time) will cause burn in on the tubes. (CRT tubes are also used it RPTV's)

4. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

In the upper left is a ammo meter, which changes depending on the type of gun you have. Upper right is a shield/health meter (which, again, goes up and down depending on how you are doing). Lower left is a motion detector device that displays any enemies or allies close to you. I don't think there is anything in the lower right.

AFAIK, these can't be turned off (nor would you want them to be, seeing as how you'd be toast without them!). But they are done in a very light, translucent blue (and the motion detector is I think a very light green). I doubt burn-in would be an issue on a properly calibrated device. At least, that's a chance I am taking with my own RPTV.

Hope that helps,

Dave

5. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Thanks guys! It's just that I've played games in the past with slider bars that dimmed the static images down to nothing if that's what you wanted. I was kind of hoping that Halo would have that option but if they are translucent and I give my PJ a break every hour or so than I guess I shouldn't have any problems.

My contrast and brightness are also at around 38 to 40% so that will help as well..