What's new

Halo on PC (1 Viewer)

Ken Ingram

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone compared Halo on the PC to the XBOX Version?

It is advertised at Frys electronics today for the PC $49.99

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Rumor has it that Bungie is having to trim out a lot of the graphical flashes to get it to run on a wide spectrum of PCs, and a narrower spectrum of Macs. Last I read they were estimating 6months to a year to port it, and that was in October.

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
That seems strange that they would trim out the graphics when most games have options on detail. I might be the only one but I was kind of let down in the graphics when compared to PC games today (Serious Sam, Wolfenstein).

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Ryan,

Halo is coming to the PC. Right now, Bungie is devoting much of its time to tweaking the multiplayer aspect of the game, so it is as polished as possible. Bungie wants Halo's multiplayer to be some different compared to other FPSs on the PC. They're hoping Halo will be the next "big" online combat phenom (ala Counterstrike).

Expect some sort of update at E3 2k2.

As far as the graphics aspect goes, the game is heavily optimized for the GF3. I would think a GF1 would be a minimum graphics card, in low-res with low-detail/geometry/effects. GF3 would be necessary for some great visuals.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
They're hoping Halo will be the next "big" online combat phenom (ala Counterstrike).
I'll believe that when I see it. There have been so many games since Counter-Strike that have claimed that they will be the next big thing and they've all been really bad. Nothing so far has been able to touch the feel of Counter-Strike.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Agreed, CS will be tough to dethrone, especially considering how well it runs on fairly weak PCs. That's why it has such a large following, and thats why they've hesitated to make any huge leaps as far as graphics go.

What Halo can bring to the mix is a solid lineup of weapons, vehicular combat, some much wanted audio/visual flash, and a much more frantic/large-scale feel.

Halo is already addicting, and that's with the archaic multiple TV/multiple Xbox setups that we're forced to use. A broadband enabled version would be too much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks