Halo---multiple team question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Vodhanel, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

If you have more than 2 xboxes patched into a router...can you select more than 2 teams during the sign in process? We tried this in the past and could only select a RED or BLUE team...even with 3 xboxes hot at the time?

TV

2. Aaron Schmitt

Aaron Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

I believe those are your only choices. I have played 4 box 16 player before, and we only had red and blue to choose from.

Aaron

3. JeffMuller

JeffMuller Stunt Coordinator

Hey Tom,

Besides being a Sub-Human, you're a Master Chief, too?

Maybe see you online some time...

Satisfied SVS Customer.

4. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    Tom, Halo was made for your SVSpc-16 with the newest driver! [​IMG] I can "feel" dropships, when they're near.
    ...guess that didn't answer your question though. :b

5. Tom Vodhanel

Hi Jeff,

I'd love to try halo online, but I doubt I'll have the time to do the whole DL/setup/ inevitable trouble shoot-thing with xbconnect/gamespy. Is that what you are using?

Derrik,

We usually us an octave halver(lowers all the bass 1 octave..so a 40hz ka-boom is now 20hz)...with some current SV proto-types. Right now, we have about 20-25 PCi's worth of bass capability stacked in the corner. When the tank starts up(blood glutch for example)...it can get hard to breath. (the big gun in the back of the wart-hog is good as is the stunners from the ghost too)

TV

6. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

Xbconnect is pretty easy to set-up. Xbox tunneling has gotten much more reliable and user-friendly since the early days.

There are only two teams available in Halo, regardless of the number of Boxes connected or the game chosen.

7. Tom Vodhanel

Gary,
    How are the lag issues now? I try to go thru some of the *gaming* forums..but the signal/noise ratio is so bad...and I have so little free time right now(which is a good thing I suppose [​IMG] )...that I don't really learn as much as I'd like.
    TV

8. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

They're not 100% solved (and occassionally there are jackasses with 56k modems or 64k ISDN that try to play), but XBconnect is pretty good.

So far, I've had the best luck when playing against people also in the Bay Area. The further across the country I try to play, the more frequently I have problems.

On a more positive note, I get Dirty Disc Errors much less frequently these days than back in the early days of Xbox tunneling.

9. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter