Halo Movie 2007

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jay Mitchosky, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

2. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Like they're doing with DOOM right now. Hopefully the awesomeness of the Rock will pull that movie together. [​IMG]

Halo sounds good, but its a license that could very easily go bad if they're not careful. Heres hoping for the best!

3. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

I wonder how much creative control, if any, MS is exercising over the project.

4. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    I'm not sure whether all of this; Doom movie, Halo movie, ect...says that either Hollyweird is out of fresh ideas or that gaming is finally reaching a point where the stories, and universes made by the devs, are maturing to a level of quality that rivals motion pictures.

5. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Stunt Coordinator

I'm thinking its more that with all the creative efforts being put into games, they are seeing that the stories are worthy of a movie as well.

Well, not Doom. Doom is a silly plot, but should be a fun movie if done right. But other games, yes.

6. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

I think it's the movie studios realizing that gaming is kicking the industries ass over the last couple years and they want to profit from it, so why not make a movie from a video game.
    I hope they dont F up DOOM or Halo also. I like the Rock too, but he is an actor that is borderline pushing the limits, to make the movie horribly stupid or awesome. As mentioned above I too hope the awesomeness of the Rock comes out. [​IMG]

I hope they get Dustin Diamond to play Master Chief.

7. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Screech! [​IMG]

There's a short teaser (more of an announcement really) on Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory about a SC movie as well.

8. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

LOL. [​IMG]