What's new

Halo, do you still play it? (1 Viewer)

John Royster

Screenwriter
Just great. I haven't played halo in months, but just reading all this cool stuff about the game made me slap it in. Plus my xbox was getting lonely 'cause the PS2 has dominated the TV for so long.
Just started in heroic mode. Got goosebumps again, like I used to.
Thanks a lot fellas. Thought I would be getting some sleep the next two weeks. darn you!;)

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I just bought an X-Box today for two reasons. The price drop (cannot deny this) and all the posts on Halo. I am looking forward to my first game tonight!

Chris

Robert Ma

Second Unit
ChristopherS,

Put it in and start playing, look at your watch and it will be hours later and you'll never notice. The game is like crack.

Bob

ChristopherS

Second Unit
Robert Ma,
I set it all up after my 20-month old son went to bed at 8 p.m. and then proceeded to play Halo until 2 a.m. Great game! The sound and the graphics are amazing. The actual X-Box is larger than I imagined.
I managed to get to the Isle of the Cartographer when I finally turned everything off. I had no ammunition/charge for my weapons and kept getting killed by some Elites. I will try another run tonight. I am finding sections of this game difficult and this is on Easy (got to love being able to kill a Covenant soldier with the sniper rifle by shooting them in the foot). It must be crazy on higher levels of difficulty.
Halo certainly is not a typical first person shooter. From driving the Warthog (I am using the smash and bounce method), to the variety of weapons, to the great enemies. I have not even tried the multiplayer aspect of Halo yet. I find myself stopping so that I can try to listen for the Covenant, or suddenly realizing that something loud and big (possibly an Elite) has snuck up behind me. It is the most immersive game I have ever played.
While I don't have Robert Ma's experience with crack to compare it with, I can certainly see spending many more hours of my free time on this game. :D
Chris

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
My wife and I play it every week with our friends. Sometimes our neighbors will bring their Xbox over, and we play 8 people. With the price drop, each of our friends will be getting their own Xbox, so we'll have enough for 16 people (just need a fourth TV).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks