What's new

Halo, do you still play it? (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I curious. All you xbox users that have had halo since the xbox came out. Do you all still play it? I'm curious about its lasting ability. I've heard it is a great game, and everyone loves it, but does it have replay-ability?

(its a simple yes or no question, I don't care what PS2 or Gamecube users think. If they don't have an xbox don't bother to answer just to start a fight).

JimColeman

Agent
Every night (almost) through GameSpy. Awesome multiplayer game. The wife hates the game because I spend so much time with it.:D

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I am still struggling through it on Heroic difficulty, having beaten it long ago on Normal. I have picked up and played several other games as they have come out , but in between new games I always return to the The One Game. :)
Multiplayer is awesome when I have friends over to play split-screen, and I just got a DSL modem so Gamespy here I come!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I got Halo with my system last December, and it took me until about the end of February to beat the game on Legendary. Since then, I haven't played the single player again, but will pop in the multiplayer when others are around sometimes. I'm sure it's one that I'll go back to at some point, but I just have way too many other games that I haven't played yet.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I still play it. It's been played a bit less lately because I've been picking up other things to play and I've been trying to get through those, but even so, just the other night I went back and played through the Silent Cartographer level again. And of course it's got some of the best multiplayer modes around, so yeah I'd say it's a game that has a lot of replayability.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Yes! Bought the Box on launch day w/Halo. Didn't actually hook the thing up until about a month later. I was trying to hold out till Xmas but, didn't make it. :D
Anyhoo...I still regularly play Halo. The enemy AI is so good that you never really know -exactly- how the next time you play a level is going to go.
Yeah, they start out in the same places but, since the enemies don't run on rails, so to speak, sometimes I get my ass handed to me and, sometime I hand them their asses! It just depends on how they attack, which isn't always the same.
I will admit though, I hate The Library. Yes it's a real bitch but, I think it's way too bland. Nothing much to see in that one. On Heroic, it's definitely a baptism by fire, on Legendary...it's sick.

Frederick

Second Unit
Does the demo that came with OXM count :D? If I were to put in the game, I fear that I will be drawn back into sleepless nights and calling in sick trying to get through The Library :laugh: ...
Freddy C.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
When I have time, I'll play cooperatively with my friend... We went through once on Normal and are trying Heroic now...

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Halo multiplayer is still a bi-weekly affair over here.

At least 2 Xboxes and 2 TVs, but sometimes 3/3.

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
I do some multi-player, and also have been spending a lot of time doing crazy stuff with the physics engine. Blasting Warthogs into the sky, shooting rockets into the water, etc. Trying to duplicate some of the crazy stuff I've heard you can do.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Sure do! I find its one of those games that you can just pick up and play on a whim, it never gets old. I love the fact that you can start any mission that you've completed, jump in and start shooting.

The co-op gets used a lot at my place, its the best way to show your friend the game and have fun at the same time.

Dean

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I also play online through GameSpy. Usually a few times a week, almost always on Sunday nights.

What usernames do you guys go by on GameSpy?

Right now, I'm usually on as 'Bill Gates.' And my HALO character's name in-game is either Bill Gates or Dr. Jay.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Along with Metal Gear, Oddworld, and Resident Evil Halo ranks near the top of my "played it all day every day till I beat it but now its collecting dust" list. The game is worth owning but once I beat it my desire to try again on a more difficult setting is non existant.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Carl, you should give it a try on a higher difficulty. It's a different game really, requiring MUCH more strategy to avoid getting your ass handed to you.

-Dan

Joe McCormick

Auditioning
YES!

Unfortunately I have no one to experience multiplayer with and lack a good internet connection.

I like trying to play through on easy without dying. I am also going through right now, again, on legendary and it is much more frustrating than the first time. I probably played 3 to 4 hours a nite in Nov. and Dec. now I would say I play it 3 times a week at an hour or so a pop.

I really hope more games that have this type of value come out. I am really looking forward to Morrowind. I just wish it would get here.

Off topic. And flame me you if you must, but(i hate to admitt this) TD off road wide open is a guilty pleasure of mine. And yes I do have PGR, RSC and Wreckless.

joe

I thought that once I beat it on legendary the first time, Halo wouldn't hold much further interest for me. Boy, was I wrong. One of the coolest things about it is at the higher difficulty settings, it never plays the same way twice. On many of the levels I've found myself having to employ new stratagies to complete them. Sometimes where I previously had to use brute force and shoot my way out, I now find I need to use stealth in order to advance. And there's almost always something new to explore that you might have passed on previous play-throughs. It's just still pretty damn addicting to me in general.

In a word, YES!!! I have four x-boxes permanently networked at my house and Halo is still a two to three times a week multiplayer addiction. The single player was great, but playing multiplayer with 16 people in two different rooms and having to work cooperatively cannot be beat. I think what impresses me the most after days worth of multiplayer action is how evenly balanced the weapons are and how each one has a separate strategy that can be utilized to kill anyone else. It's great playing on some of the outdoor maps and having snipers in the hills, people in vehicles looking for people on foot, and people on foot armed with shotguns and rocket launchers looking for people to kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks