Halo difficulty skewed?!?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared_B, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

--Stop here if you don't want to be spoiled with ending type stuff--

First of all, My wife and I love this game! We first play it (on co-op) on the Easy setting. Had the most trouble with the Flood in later levels, but finished it relatively quickly.

Next time around, tried it on normal. The jump in difficulty is amazing. Many more hunters, and the baddies are much smarter. Took us slightly less time to play through, mostly because we knew where to go. Anyway, after finishing it on Normal, we decided to give the last level a try on Legendary (just to see the ending). While it did take us about 10 tries to do it, it seemed too easy compared to the other levels.

When we tried some of the other levels on Legendary, we got are asses handed to us. So, my question is; did anyone else notice this, or are we just better at the last level than we are at the rest?

While I thought the extra scene in the ending was funny as hell, it did seem kinda lame. You don't really get much 'extra'.

Also, I heard this rumor about a Halo 1.5 or something like that. Anyone have an update? Can't wait for a sequel.

2. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

Yep.

I found The Maw *much* easier than some of the levels (Assault on the Control Room, Two Betrayals) when I played through in Heroic.

My big shock was after I beat the game in Heroic, I got my ass handed to me on the first gunfight in The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary. Purple Elites are serious bastards (especially when they have the grenade equipped Grunts helping them).

3. George Monroy

George Monroy Stunt Coordinator

I am currently at the beginning of the level after the Library where you start in the control room. So far the toughest level for me has been the level where you rescue Captain Keyes from the covenant on their ship.

4. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Actually, I noticed a HUGE jump from heroic to legendary. I beat the game on Normal, and at this point I'm through the 8 of the 10 levels on legendary (just 2 betrayals and the maw left...). Went back and tried the first level on Heroic just to check out the difference and it's MUCH easier-pretty much just walked through the level. I think that normal to herioc is a fairly standard transition, but that heroic to legendary is a much bigger difference (e.g. your shield is nothing more than a thin layer of butter in legendary).

For the curious, the hardest level so far is the Truth and Reconciliation-just so long! Much easier co-op though.

5. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

The last level is easier than the others I've tried on Legendary. I haven't played on Easy difficulty yet, but I agree with Chris that the jump from Heroic to Legendary is probably bigger than the jump from Normal to Heroic.

It's a bit tough to judge though, since your skills and knowledge of the levels keeps improving the more you play. A couple of times I was suprised how easy it was to get through a part that I had much difficulty with on an easier setting.

-Dan B.

6. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter