Halo: Deluxe Edition (with X-Box Live Support) out this Christmas?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Nick Graham, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

I see many angry Halo owners if this is true........

Personally, I'd assume the big announcement will be a price cut, likely to be followed by cut from Sony. Considering there are people in the last week who have paid $49.99 for the current version of Halo for X-Box, this may be a can of worms MS shouldn't open (unless they have some sort of significant rebate deal).

2. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

Not me ! And i have bought 2 copies of Halo, I would scoop it up in a New York Minute.

3. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor

These guys seem convinced that it's literally nothing more than a "deluxe edition" of the strategy guide for the original Halo.

4. KevinRB

KevinRB Stunt Coordinator

A major Xbox announcement?

Maybe we should ask the fine folks over at the Official Xbox Magazine. They always follow through on hype about a big Xbox announcement.

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well if they release this at $49 I'll Pass I can't see owning to versions of the same game. I wonder why this could'nt be added to existing copies of the game thru and Xbox Live Download? If it could'nt release the Deluxe version at Platinum level pricing and they would clean up this Xmas.

6. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Me thinks they'll cleanup regardless. The original still sells for $49.

7. Mike Brogan

Mike Brogan Second Unit

8. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

I've seen Halo on sale at BB for $29.99 and $39.99 several times over the past year.

9. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Interesting. Bungie has staunchly denied previous notions of a Halo v1.5 as their resources are being plowed into Halo 2. I don't imagine they could simply have this as a download for the current version of Halo as suggested above as the code wasn't written to recognize those new files. For Xbox Live this will likely sell a fair amount of copies if true. I would probably buy it as I have never had the opportunity to play Halo's multiplayer maps (really wish there was a bot version).

10. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Mike, if this is indeed coming, and they are going to charge $49.99 for it, then they could have dropped the price of the original down to Platinum Levels a month or two ago to soften the blow. Not an uncommon practice.

I'm beginning to think the big announcement is just a price drop though, as according to an article I read earlier this morning, they just cut the price overseas.