Halo almost made me RALF!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I'm not affected by FPS at all and I've played them all. But the level where you ride the warthog almost made me lose it with the circling camera and all, anyone else?

2. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator

That was something I struggled with for about a day. Once I got used to it, no problem at all. I too felt green and almost sea sick after initially playing Halo. But it's so good, I stuck at it. Now I can play for hours and feel nohting but pure enjoyment.

Tom

3. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

I've only felt sick after watching my newbie friend play Halo. He kept looking down and up and left and right; looking in every direction but forward, because he was so not familiar with the control scheme.

4. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris

5. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

I sometimes get that queasy feeling playing FPS - but Halo didn't affect me at all...

6. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

FPS don't make me ill but I agree on the warthog controls. They were frustrating at best. I could fly the banshee like a pro but I couldn't drive the warthog well at all. the last level gave my brother and I some extreme frustration when you have to escape in the warthog

7. James_A

James_A Stunt Coordinator

I'm pretty good with FPS's on my PC, esp Unreal Tournament and related ones, but I still can't get the hang of the Halo... it may be the double control stick configeration, or something, but I'd love a tracball and keyboard or something....that'd be the bomb.

Jim

8. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron

9. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Aaron,
    I agree but the problem is that no everyone plays a FPS game like that. I usuauly use the mouse buttons for moving forward and backward. As a result, I don't strafe often enough. I think if I were to play a PC FPS now I would use the keyboard for moving and strafing but the first time I played Red Faction on the PS2 at the store, I couldn't use it at all. Now I'm pretty good at it.