What's new

Halo 2 (1 Viewer)

I wanted to start a thread about Halo 2 info on release dates, rumors, clips and general info. If anyone is interested post away. Thanks!

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I'm all for this as I am really looking forward to Halo 2. There was a rumor that was quashed about it coming out this month. Looks like we're waiting until March.

BTW, you may want to edit your post and use initial caps only...all caps is not considered proper forum etiquette.

david kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
I hope their multiplayer is better than the pc's. Even though i like it i think it could have been much deeper.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
What about the rumours that the release date is being pushed past March 2004, possibly into summer or fall?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
hehe don't fret nick, posts like that always make me laugh. :)

Q: When is Halo 2 coming out?
A: Bungie has always stood by our policy of not giving out release dates for any of our titles. To put it simply, Halo 2 will be done when it's done.
Jeez most publishers give the developer a strict time table to work with. Looks like MS is cutting them some slack in order for it to be that much better than the first. But I bet their statement isn't 100% true. MS would throw a fit if they didn't release it before summer 04.

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
Well take this for what it is. I know this sounds like "I have a friend who has a friend who knows a cousin ... " but I have a graphic artist friend who use to work with someone who now works for the company that is doing the actual physical figurines for Halo and Halo 2. What this friend told me was that his friend is in communication with the people at Bungie (has even been to their offices for visits) and from what he told my friend don't hold your breath for a Spring release of this game. It's looking like Bungie is now shooting for a 4th quarter '04 release! I pray to God that this guy is not telling the truth or has been given info! But I do know for a fact that this friend of my friend does indeed work for the company that is doing the figurines for Bungie. I guess we'll find out here in a couple of months if this is true or not.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I preordered mine months ago. This'll be the second time I preordered a game a year in advance. I think FFX was the last one.

Mike

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
A preorder is not a bad idea for this title. I might do the same. Although I'll wait for official word from Bungie and/or Microsoft until I pass judgement on the release date. Q404 would be a hell of a delay if true.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
For xbox live, i heard halo 2 is gonna have dedicated servers that can have a crap load of people
Man, I heard teh same thing, only about XBox Live! in general. Oh, maybe that was just the packaging and advertising hype MS used to sell Live! in the first place. ;)

I can;t wait for Halo 2 either and will be very surprised if it came out in Q404 though, that would be too close to the launch of XBOX 2, not giving Bungie enough time to make the exclusive Halo 3 for its release.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, I may hold off on pre-ordering this one in hopes of a LIVE/Halo 2 bundle deal.

Sorry about the caps lock i didn't know it mattered so much that everyone would complain like they did.:laugh:

Anyway I hope that Ken isn't right about the game coming out that late in the year. I was hoping that they would finish early because, i've been waiting and waiting and waiting and if it comes out late I might go insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks