Halo 2 update availble

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gary Seven, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    For those who had HD trouble with Halo2, an update is now available. It also addresses a couple of live issues.

The update is on Xbox live and will apparently give you the option to update. Also, apparently, the nature of the update makes it availabe on live only, and will not be availble on a disc for non-live players. They suggest you take advantage of the two month free service for those who currently do not have live.

** whoops... spelled available wrong.

2. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    If this addresses the horribly long matchmaking times, I won't be disappointed anymore! I'll have to try this tonight.[​IMG]

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    What about those of us who don't have Live because we can't get broadband... [​IMG]

4. Evan M

Evan M Second Unit

It does address it, and from what I've heard .. does so very well. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot myself. [​IMG]

5. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Yep, I was able to get into some quick matches tonight before playing with the HTF clan! But, I still suck![​IMG]

6. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Unfortunately, if your not an XBox live member, there is NO way to get the update. The way the XBL update system is set, they cannot even put it on an Xbox Magazine disc. They explain it all on the site, as well as solutions around this (like taking a memory card to a friends house to update, etc.)

7. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Update installed, screen problems corrected! Now that's some service. Only one week to issue the patch. It must have been a pretty simple fix. The update was VERY small.

8. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Take it someplace where they ahve broadband.

9. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

It looks like the latest update fixed the HUD overscan issues with widescreen TVs.

Good job, Bungie/Microsoft. [​IMG]

10. ZoranM

ZoranM Stunt Coordinator

I recently used the update and it did increase the time in matchmaking significantly.

However at Bungie.net a large amount of users are complaining about very large lag during matches now, as well as clans being deleted from their profiles.

I didn't notice any Lag, but I did have the clan problem. (which I'm currently discussing in the HTF2 clan thread in Online Gaming Schedules).

cheers,

Zed

P.S. the update is optional (if you have automatic XBL update turned off), I would recommend waiting till things get sorted out. Right now the forums at Bungie.net are a mess with complaints from this update

11. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Actually, it looks like the shifter the left-side player's screen over. Pretty simple. BTW - the way I can tell is that you start a splitscreen match, don't move either controller when the match starts. Notice how much of the SMG is visible on the right side player, and how a little is cut off (in comparison) on the left side player. So it really does seem like they just shifted the left side player over a number of pixels...