Halo 2 - Official pushed until Fall

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Scott Bourden, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

We've all heard the rumors, maybe they'll have it for March, April, maybe for Augest, and every month in between.

Well, the speculation can end, because Bungie has officially stated, right on the front page of www.bungue.net, that it will be released sometime this FALL.

For the specific post, you can view here:
    http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.p...1-5F9E4948BF0B

Though it is the first post on their front page.

Searched and didn not see it posted, I'm unsure how to feel about it being pushed back so far.

Now if only we'd get some real release information of Fable.

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Stunt Coordinator

The rumors were apparently spurred by retailers who wanted to take pre-orders. Bungie never actually had a release date so I'm not sure it was actually 'pushed back'. If the game turns out well, it will be worth the wait.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Yarrr Halo was released Nov 15, 2001, so it will be a good 3 years of development time for the sequel (assuming development started soon after launch). I know this game will kick ass, I just hope it's very long considering we've had to wait this much time.

4. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

Finally! a definite date for the best game ever. I am definitely looking forward to this game. The screenshot isn't that great though.

5. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

It's clear they will present an amazing game regardless of release date. Build it and we will come. There are enough great titles on the horizon (as well as out now) to keep my satisfied until then.

6. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Glad that they're taking the time to get it right-hopefully it'll live up to the hype...

7. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

With my original Halo pretty much being destroyed by my oldest son, I guess I'm going to have to replace it now. I was just going to wait, but fall is too far way.

8. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

This should be a really good game, if not a really great game. With a three-year-development cycle, however, some gamers will be disappointed if it's not the best video game ever created on planet earth.

The first Halo was hyped to death in the press a long time before it was released, and it actually lived up to those expectations, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

~s