Halo 2 FAQ from Bungie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan B, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Halo 2 F.A.Q.

A lot of new bits of information here...I am drooling...

-Destructible environments & lighting; w/enemies & friendlies taking advantage of it

-New covenant races (concept art included in above link)

-Enemies AI improved w/ ability to hunt you down by climbing & jumping over obstacles & using flashlights to find you in the shadows. Improved communication & coordination between enemy squads.

-Friendlies AI improved w/ ability to use environment to hide, cooperate w/ squad better - calling in support from Warthogs & pointing out snipers, for example.

-Master Chief can sprint at double speed when necessary, plus can now peek around corners & has melee combo abilities.

Not to forget...it promises to be the definitive Xbox Live experience, of course.

-Dan [​IMG]

2. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Everything that you listed has me gitty with excitement over this game. This will be the best game on xbl, hands down.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

4. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

5. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Damn you Jeff. [​IMG] No Halo hate allowed in this thread!

I disagree vehemently. Controlling the warthog with a mouse = sucky. [​IMG]

{edit} You tell him, Damien. [​IMG]

6. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I still play Halo on GameSpy once a week or so. If part 2 can live up to the high high high expectations I can't imagine how many hours I'll be on Xbox Live playing it.

Which brings me to one worry I have. I haven't read anywhere if it will be a 'Ghost Recon' type Xbox Live experience, or an 'Unreal' Xbox Live experience.

I like Ghost Recon quite a bit, but don't like the fact that only one person can play it online. Unreal lets 4 people play per box.

My friends and I would be devastated if only one person per Xbox could play Halo 2 online.

And I hope they still include system link play.

My pals and I have already talked about taking off of work when this comes out, to go on a nice 14 hour Halo 2 bender.

7. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

I have no doubt that Bungie realizes what users expect out of the Xbox Live and multiplayer experience in Halo 2. In fact, they should be in a better position than any other Xbox developer, since Halo fans went out of their way to force the game to be playable on-line.

8. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

When it comes out We will play so much Halo II on Live it will make as all sick

capt

9. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I'm with Joey on that one. I plan on going nuts with Halo 2 online.

10. Ben_Hud

Ben_Hud Stunt Coordinator

i might have to take a semester off from college to ensure dominance in this game [​IMG] but ya its gonna be sooo awesome

11. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

I hope they don't mess with the physics of the original much. It just seemed so perfect. I know it seems far fetched they would. But I've played some first generation games I thought were wonderful. Then part 2 is annouced...and it is supposed to be the same, but with all sorts of cool new features,landscapes,tracks,guns.ect. Then when it comes out, they have completely revamped the whole *engine* of the game...and usually for the worse.

I think it would be WAY cool if Bungie would just come out with a patch for the current HALO. Something that would spawn Covenent and/or Flood on Blood Gultch for example? You can have 4-16 guys trying to defend one of the two buildings for as long as they can hold out. Near the other building, endless covenent/flood spawn and run in your direction. Imagine having 12-16 guys on one side...1-2 on the *sunny ledge* with snips,1-2 backed all the way up against the rear cliif with snips, a tank(or 2?) right in the middle, a few guys on the building, another in the front door,ect. Then 30 seconds into the game....you see 20-30 hunters running toward you from the center of the gultch...with another 20-30 right behind them...

lock and load...

TV

12. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Drool....
    This game cannot come out fast enough. Still play this game almost religiously in multiplayer. The whole time though by friends and I make comments about how we want bots and the Banshee. Just thinking about doing bombing runs on Blood Gulch with a banshee. Damn that would be sweet!

Overall...this game looks like it will blow our minds. I honestly think that MS and Bungie have TOO much riding on this game to FUBAR it. THe early rumors of 720p would be nice, but I cant use that...so if a faster game at 480p was in the cards I think that would be better.

Now bring on the online play!

13. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

So nobody else is surprised at the mention of stealth elements being added to the game?! I thought that would get a few people upset...

Sean, don't expect anything other than 480p from most games this generation, just not enough memory...for starters.

14. Benjamin_L

Benjamin_L Stunt Coordinator

What yum.

Dan B, in answer to your question I was a little suprised when the FAQ mentioned the stealth element, but since it was mentioned in the context of destructible environments I thought it came across as a pretty minor part of the package.

Does being able to "peek" around corners translate to being able to "aim" around corners? Either way it's not revolutionary to shooters, they'll prolly handle it fine.

The new human weapons sound a little under-whelming, but hopefully the covenant will have lots of goodies you can 'appropriate'

And how about remote mines? pretty please?

They mentioned a human vs. covenant multiplayer aspect, any idea how this is going to shape up? I wouldn't mind playing a sword-weilding elite, nope, no sir[​IMG]

15. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

In recent Official Xbox magazine articles Bungie was saying that they will most likely have 720p support on this title. At the least they said it will be widescreen this time though.

16. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Pretty much everything mentioned in the first post was old news. EGM did an article about Halo 2 last year and all of that info was revealed.

It does look amazing, though.

17. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

A fair, un-biased question:

Is there any way that this won't be the game of 2003?

[​IMG]

18. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

The only way I could see Halo 2 not winning the overall game of 2003 is if Doom 3 is all it's cracked up to be. Either way I'm still looking forward to Halo 2 more than Doom 3.

19. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

It's too bad there's no talk of 1080i resolution. That would make Halo 2, without question, the best game ever. Most of us HDTV owners don't have 720p capability.

Grrrrr.

20. Romier S

Romier S Producer