What's new

Halloween (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Halloween II really had no chance of being as good as the original, but I think it still maintains enough in common with the original to make it a much better watch than some of the later sequels. Some of the story didn't make much sense though. I never understood the part where M.M. presumably breaks into an elementary school to write "Samhain" on a blackboard. I never understood why M.M. would do that. The timeline of events is also very weird. At some point during the middle of the film, the time is said to be 11:00pm. So when did the murders in the orginal take place, at like 6:00pm?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The idea of a killer stalking me in a deserted hospital always scares the crap out of me. That's one of the main reasons that Halloween 2 is reletively effective to me.

As for the others, I like Halloween 4. I own all of the others, but only really for continuity. Most of them (aside from 5 and 8) aren't God-awful, but they certainly aren't the greatest horror flicks ever made.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
A hospital is a great setting for a horror film. All those long, white, shiny corridors. I have a bit of an obsession with corridors and hallways in movies! It just looks good when the walls fly past a dollying camera.

Yeah, hospitals are great interior locations for movies. My favourite scene in The Exorcist (not my favourite 'horror' film shall we say) is when Reagan gets her... what's the term - spinal tap? Great stuff! :D

Gordy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks