What's new

Halloween stuff for sale aka I'm glad Fall is on the way (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I walked into my local Rite-Aid and saw that they have Halloween stuff for sale already. Costumes and candy.

No complaints. I love it! :D

Bring on the Fall, Halloween, the Holiday, and so on. I love the last quarter of the year. It's so... comfortable? Sure, comfortable. Especially for DVD viewing because the sun goes down early and there's less light pollution.

Anyone else glad Summer's almost over and we can proceed to the end of the year?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

Here! Here! Love Fall/Winter most favorite time of the year. Hate Summer, too hot, too crowded.

I was in a store about 3 weeks ago, turned down and isle and what do I see, Xmas decor, lights and trees, already. A bit early but a nice site to see.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Yeah, I love looking at the little Halloween section of the store squeezed next to the wall by the massive Xmas area.

:D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yes, this has always been my favorite time of year. Mild weather, upcoming festivities. Summer's are quite mild where I live (and this has been one of the mildest in recent memory) but I like a little more contrast and am very much a "duck" when it comes to the rain. To me it's comforting to see the dark clouds and hear the pattering on the roof.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Kmart and TJ Maxx here already have the Christmas stuff out.

I am so F-ing sick of Christmas! :angry:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yep, and I'll be grinching and grouching right on through December 25. :D

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't mind fall so much if it wasn't followed by 6 months of pure hell.... If we could go straight into Spring from Fall and bypass Winter altogether it would be OK.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Fall is pretty hectic around here, trying to get everything done outside before we freeze. I am not looking forward to -40. Spring can't come soon enough.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
thumbsdown.gif
for fall/winter... i hate cold, rainy, windy, snowy weather
frown.gif

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
quote:I wouldn't mind fall so much if it wasn't followed by 6 months of pure hell.... If we could go straight into Spring from Fall and bypass Winter altogether it would be OK.
thumbsup.gif

I'll take the freezing temps, the tons of snow, the ice, etc. Just NOT when it's on the roadways.
frown.gif
Other than that, I'm all for fall/winter.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I wouldn't mind autumn, either, if I lived in a climate like southern CA. Here in the northern region, autumn means raking leaves, getting the snowblower ready to use, watching the flowers wither away, turning on the furnace, and hoping for a couple of warm Saturdays to get in another round of golf before putting the clubs away for the winter.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
quote:
thumbsdown.gif
for fall/winter... i hate cold, rainy, windy, snowy weather

thumbsdown.gif
for summer... I hate hot, humid, bug-infested weather.
wink.gif

You're such a lucky duck living in Vancouver! I'd give anything at this point to leave Oklahoma and return to Anchorage. I dream of 70 degree summers every hellish summer I'm here.

BTW, favorite song: "Only Happy When It Rains" by Garbage
biggrin.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm with David. Really the only thing I hate about winter is shoveling/moving snow. If it would snow on everything except roads, driveways, and pathways, I'd be all set.
biggrin.gif

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Love Fall!

I'm on my 2nd 1# bag of Brach's Autum candy corn mix!!

quote:You're such a lucky duck living in Vancouver! I'd give anything at this point to leave Oklahoma and return to Anchorage. I dream of 70 degree summers every hellish summer I'm here.

Hahaha! I too am a transplanted "Anchorage-ite" living in hot humid Tulsa,OK..YUK!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
ugh, i leave for school, im wearing 4 layers as its cold and slightly raining, commuting by public transit for an hour or so. (might be overkill, but i hate the cold)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
quote:Hahaha! I too am a transplanted "Anchorage-ite" living in hot humid Tulsa,OK

What are the chances?
smile.gif
DVD shopping in this city sucks... it's either the evil empire of BB or the clueless people working at CC.

quote:I leave school, its sunny and warm, im stuck carrying a waterproof snowboarding jacket and denim jacket on transit

How about a jacket with a zip-out liner, maybe something polar fleece? (BTW, I miss the 'I See You' pic!)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I love the fall! I'm not so fond of winter though.

Fall and Spring are definitely my 2 favorite seasons. (In that order) I love being inside on a cold winters night but I wouldn't call that loving winter.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks