Halloween Resurrection?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alan Erceg, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Alan Erceg

Alan Erceg Stunt Coordinator

sorry if a thread has already been started for this....but from what i could see on the first page ....i didn't see one.
    anyhow.....as a huge horror movie fan...and a really big halloween fan..i just happened to catch the teaser trailer for this on tv.
    I don't know what to say..i thought halloween H20 was bad enough....but now they have to come out with yet another film.
    i don't catch the premise from the trailer...but i went to dimensionfilms website and read the synopsis...
    here is the link http://www.dimensionfilms.com/halloweenresurrection/
    i really don't know what to say...i just don't understand it...they have milked this for much too long. Starting with Halloween 4 they started to go downhill slowly(im not counting 3 in there because it was not affiliated with the other movies).
    After saying all of this....i must say that i will probably still go see the film..just because it is a Halloween film....im quite pathetic i know..
    if you haven't seen the teaser yet you can go here:
    http://www.halloweenmovies.com/site/movies.htm
    its down at the bottom of the page...
    just wondering what everyone else thinks about this.
    later
    Alan

2. JoshB

JoshB Supporting Actor

Joshua Bal
    They way the Halloween films go is their was Halloween, then the sequel Halloween 2. 3,4,5, and how ever many others have nothing to do with the first 2, and don't relate to Jamie Lee Curtis's story at all. So when Halloween H2O was made, it was to pick up after #2. With H2O,however, the killer was not Michael Myers at all, but a copy cat killer imitating him. So it will be interesting to see where this next onne goes.
    [​IMG]
    My DVD Collection

3. Ryan Donovan

Ryan Donovan Stunt Coordinator

EDIT: Nevermind, I spoke too soon. I gotta get my foot out of my mouth one of these days...

Still, it doesn't sound very good to me. The reality show aspect seems interesting but..."You are like this close to being voted off the island". Yeesh. I think I'll pass.

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

5. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    JoshB,
    not quite. The man in H20 WAS Michael, up to a point. He pulled the ol switcheroo on Jamie at the end.
    I'm looking forward to this one, who am I kidding, I look forward to EVERY 'Halloween' film! [​IMG] I'm a sucker for Michael, probably because I first saw the original film when I was 6 and it was the first horror film i'd ever seen. Been a loyal follower ever since. Except for that bastard sequel that is 'Halloween III'.

6. MattGuyOR

MattGuyOR Stunt Coordinator

How can you tell watching H2O, that it wasn't Michael being decapitated? Was it something you should be able to see watching it for the first time? Or is it just an afterthought the producers came up with to make another movie?

7. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Matt,
    if it was an afterthought by the producers, it's an afterthought that makes a lot of sense and one that works. Watch the film carefully again, and you'll notice clues to that conclusion. It starts right after Jamie stabs Michael, the real Michael, and leaves him lying there on the collapsed table when LL Cool J comes in and stops her from giving Mike one last stab with the knife. Sometime after this, Michael awakens, grabs some poor slob, renders him unconcious, and puts his mask and machanics uniform on him, then Micheal himself vanishes once again.

The unconcious man is loaded into the ambulance which is car jacked by Jamie. Now, if you watch, you'll notice that when this fake Michael gets out of the body bag, he lunges forward toward Jamie who's driving the ambulance, and it seems as though "Michael" is once again trying to kill her, but the scene doesn't support the conclusion that this guy is trying to harm her in any way. She then slams on the brakes causing him to go through the windshield, but he still has just enough strength to get up, then she hits him with the ambulance sending them both carreening down the hill until the ambulance pins this poor guy against a tree.

Now, this is the most telling part, when Jamie goes down the hill to see if he's dead or not, "Micheal" grabs at his head as if he doesn't understand why he's wearing a mask, he doesn't understand because it isn't Michael. Then he reaches out to her for help before the fatal swipe of the axe. He was reaching out to her for help. We can reasonably assume he couldn't talk because the real Michael may have placed tape over his mouth to keep him quiet.

Now, this theory may be true or it may not, but it works and is applicable nontheless. It's simply a matter of using your imagination. I think that the filmmakers did this on purpose to keep us wondering. Think about this also, do you really think that a studio would REALLY kill off a cash cow like Michael Myers in such a straight forward and cut and dry manner as portrayed in the film? No way, they want him alive for the next sequel.

It's going to be very intersting to see how this affects Jamie, now that she has killed an innocent man. I hope they address that angle.

8. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

John, I must disagree. HALLOWEEN 3 is a classic, and it is also how the series was originally supposed to go, so I don't see it as a bastardization. Anyhow, as I said, I think its a classic, and is also the second best film in the series after the original. Anyhow, here is a thread on the greatness of HALLOWEEN 3: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=66396