What's new

Halloween releases? (1 Viewer)

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
It's just about the time when the studios start announcing their horror releases tied to the Halloween season. So, what are the titles you hope or expect this year?

Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby...?

I actually would like a little cheese on my Blu-ray genre platter---how about

Race with the Devil !, The Sentinel ! ('76), Them!, They Live!, Prince of Darkness!, Terror Train!, Blacula!, Count Yorga---Vampire!, and, so i brush up on my Esperanto----Inncubus!

So folks, got a wish list?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Off the top of my head, I'd like to see more of Paramount's Friday The 13ths, Halloween II and any other John Carpenter movies.

And it hasn't been officially announced yet but I'm definitely looking forward to The Exorcist.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I don't know why Fox hasn't released Simpsons treehouse of horror but it's high time they did.

(just kidding - thats ALL we got from Fox, year after year). Oh, and The Omen films. Other than the independent cult labels, MGM was the only studio with a Halloween campaign, as early as August, of interesting non-mainstream material. Now that they're in financial trouble nobody expects them to put out much.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
REALLY hoping Paramount will release the rest of the Friday the 13th flicks on Blu-ray.

I'm also hoping Universal gives us Halloween II and III.

Similarly, I've got my fingers crossed for Halloweens 4 and 5 from Anchor Bay.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I also want the rest of the F13's on BLU.

Also hope we get THE EXORCIST -- but the Theatrical Version!

We are getting the theatrical version of The Exorcist. Both versions are going to be on the blu-ray.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Has there been any rumors of future F13 movies? We finally got some extras but so far they're only on SD.

No, and I heard that the plans for a sequel to the remake are dead. I don't know if that will affect the originals or not.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Rosemary's Baby would be absolutely fantastic to see on BD. It's a shame they missed the whole 40th Anniversary marketing opportunity a couple of years ago. I hope they're not waiting for the 50th....

Some more Italian horror from Arrow UK, Grindhouse or Blue Underground would be great too: Zombie, The Beyond, Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox, etc.....

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Any future re-release of Rosemary's Baby should include the made-for-TV sequel as an extra. I think its very effective and works as a continuation of the story. I saw the film when I was about 11 and remember it was very eerie and dreamlike and upon a recent viewing it still had that vibe to it. I don't recall watching any Mia Farrow interviews where she talks about the film - has she ever had anything to say about it? Its funny you mention Zombie, Will - Mia's sister Tisa appeared in it.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Originally Posted by Luisito34

Its funny you mention Zombie, Will - Mia's sister Tisa appeared in it.

Very true! They're both among my favourite horror films, and they're both worthy of fantastic BD releases.

I've never had the chance to see Look What's Happened to Rosemary's Baby, but would absolutely love to see it. I've read it's nowhere near as good as the original (to be expected I suppose...), but the chance to see Ruth Gordon reprise her role would be too good to miss. It certainly can't be any worse than Ira Levin's Son of Rosemary....!

Scott!

Agent
Real Name
Scott McWilliams
The theatrical version of the Exorcist would be fantastic. Christine would be sweet too. Not sure how many people were fans of it, but I did like the Hill Have Eyes remake. Or at least I did when I saw it when it came out...

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps Paramount was waiting for the sequel to the 2009 reboot to be greenlit in order to market the discs along with a theatrical release of the sequel.
That's what I'm thinking as well, but I guess since supposedly the sequel is DOA we'll be waiting for a long time for whatever they decide to do with any kind of theatrical prospect.

But still, it makes little sense to have the first three on BD and then indefinitely withhold the others.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I watched the ROSEMARY'S BABY sequel earlier this year and found it to be horrid from start to finish. The same with BATES MOTEL, another M4TV flick I had been wanting to see. I read somewhere that Paramount and the producers were so embarrassed by the BABY sequel that they pretty much refuse to let it out of the vaults.

As for F13, these films have never needed anything to help them sell. My guess is that they just didn't do good enough on Blu so that put a nail in the coffin. I've built up a Blu collection, sold it off and now recently built it back up but it's stuff like this that makes me wonder why I'm wasting the extra cash and especially if a series like this can't get a complete release. I'll give it to this Halloween and if the sequels aren't out I'll just pick them up on SD.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Wait Until Dark (1967) would be great as new special edition with new interviews a documentary and a featurette or two, plus the carry overs from the 2003 release too.

Beetlejuice (1988) would be the ultimate trick or treat for Halloween, seeing as WB screwed up beyond anything with the 20th Anniversary, I and along with infinite number of fans want to the see this film loaded with 14+ hours of special features.

Psycho (1960) is getting a 50th Blu-Ray, be nice to see Jaws get a 35th Blu-Ray.

The Exorcist (1973) is coming to Blu-Ray

Bell, Book And Candle (1958) is getting a Special Edition with The Kim Novak Collection from Sony.

Poltergeist (1982) would be nice with special features people want to see, not like the 25th Anniversary joke.

Carry On Screaming (1966) one of the funniest Carry On films from The UK, love to see this get re-released with some interviews with star Fenella Fielding and a featurette on the making of this comedic spoof.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks