What's new

"Halloween" Producer Moustapha Akkad and Daughter Killed in Jordan Attacks (1 Viewer)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
News has gotten even worse. Moustapha Akkad has now died as well from his injuries.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Wow, I was going to post some more writing about the incident from the newspaper, but it's already dated because it did not list Akkad as dead. I guess a mod should update the thread title.

Really too bad.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Jeez, first Debra Hill and now Moustapha Akkad and his daughter. Horrible news!

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
What I posted over at the Friday the 13th Forum....

This makes me sick to my stomach. He seemed like such a kind man from all of the Halloween interviews he was in. I always liked him and always respected him. He kept Michael Myers and the Halloween series alive and was always loyal to Donald Pleasence.

The only comfort I have is knowing that he and his daughter (just like all good people) are with God now, a far better place than this nightmare we call Earth.

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg....IlgUn_JcfigA--
Rima Akkad Monla and her father Moustapha Akkad are seen at Rima's wedding in Beirut, Lebanon, in an August 1999 photo.(AP Photo/Akkad Family, File)

Mr. Akkad seemed like one of the nicest Hollywood guys that anyone would have had the pleasure to have worked for. A true professional.

What a waste. What a loss. All because of some evil, stupid, worthless lowlifes that know nothing but killing.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
A terrible tragedy for everyone involved. From the picture that Scott posted, his daughter seems to have been a great beauty.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I saw the news story last night that Mr. Akkad had been injured and his daughter killed only to come in here and see that he had succumbed to his injuries. How terribly, terribly sad and such a needless waste.

I was just watching his interview again two weeks ago during my annual watching of Halloween. I don't know what made me watch the supplements which I usually don't do. Thank you Mr. Akkad for bringing one of the all-time great horror films to the screen.

May you RIP with all the other innocent victims in Amman.

Rob

WillG

Senior HTF Member

You know, it's kind of sad that this happened now because since Halloween was just so recently past everybody probably already did their "Halloween" marathons. I'd probably be watching tonight in tribute if I hadn't watched the films so recently.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Matt Stone noted the deaths of both Debra Hill and Moustapha Akkad.

All I can say is that this is crazy and sad. My prayers go out to the Akkad family.

I hope there are no more deaths in Jordan, but since that's a futile wish, I'll say instead that I hope there aren't any deaths among the cast and crew of the "Halloween" movies any time soon.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Although if I remember my Debra Hill thread from earlier this year, it's been said that John Carpenter is ill.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Terrorist bastards. :angry:

RIP Mr. Akkad and daughter, the last couple of Halloween films may not have been great, but at least you were loyal to the series, and I admire the hell out of that.

Terrible, terrible news. :frowning::frowning:

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
anyone seen LION OF THE DESERT? is the DVD up to muster?

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I hope John Carpenter doesn't die anytime soon because I still wnat to see a few good movies directed by him. It is sad that Akkad and his daughter are dead.

I wonder if some studio exec is trying to think on how to spin this one to release new editions of the halloween movies to DVD to include a tribute and other content.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks