What's new

Halloween in July? (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
What the HELL is going on here? :angry:

Cundey approved the transfer in 2000 - it says so on the back of the previous DVD! :angry:

The show has a that bluish hue in the night scenes - why the HELL did they change it? :angry:

Idiots. Absolute idiots. They obviously think they can do whatever they want with the film's they release on DVD, what with their pointless DTS 6.1 remixes and the like, now they are pissing around with colour scheme of films like Halloween - a film made great by the brilliant way it was shot. :frowning: :thumbsdown:

Time for a harsh, but polite e-mail to Anchor Bay...

I'm not amused.

Gordy

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Even though I have the limited edition, I am going to buy this one anyway for the Criterion commentary and documentaries. Ever since I first heard about it, I have been DYING to hear this commentary... So much so, in fact, that I ALMOST bought a LD player just to be able to get the Criterion LD.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
After reading DVDFILE's review, I'm going to have to wait and think about this one... Hmmmm. worth $16?

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I'm a huge fan of the film and will, reluctantly, pick up the the 25th Ann. Ed. for the excellent commentary and documentary but will continue to watch the film itself from the 2 versions as correctly represented on the LE release. The color timing changes completely destroy the artistic intent and change the whole atmosphere of the this beautiful looking film. Very disappointing:thumbsdown:

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Carl and Tony,

The commentary is not THAT good. Certainly not worth $16.

-Reagan

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm keeping my old Criterion LD (I have the previous LE). Thanks, AB. Because of this, I now have the $ to get both The Omega Man and Soylent Green.

What a shame.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Just got off the phone with DDD, and I was able to cancel. Woot :)

If you don't own the Criterion LD, I'd say it's really up to you as to whether you should buy or not. The commentary is a really good one, but I don't know if I'd drop money on it just for that one thing. Then again, if I didn't already own the LD, I probably would ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks