What's new

Halloween III - Goodtimes vs. Universal? (1 Viewer)

StevenF

Stunt Coordinator
I am curious to know if anyone who has both the Goodtimes version and the Universal version... which one has the better picture? They are both 2.35:1. Any comments would be helpful and aprreciated.

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
i had the goodtimes dvd. it wasn't bad but no trailer and non anamorphic.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, I'd go with the Universal release. It's very cheap and offers an anamorphic transfer.

The Goodtimes releases of both 2 and 3 look really good for being non-anamorphic, but the only reason to get them would be if they were significantly cheaper. Now that Universal has lowered their MSRPs on both discs, the Goodtimes versions are not really worth it.

StevenF

Stunt Coordinator
Will do. I already have the Goodtimes and was just wondering if it was worth a second dip for the Universal. Had it before the Universal came out.

One other question. How do you get a picture near your signature to show up, like Matt Stone above?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Actually Universal's Halloween III does not have a trailer. Too bad too as that is one of the trailers I would have really liked to have seen. I want to see what duped people into thinking that Halloween III was going to be another Michael Myers film.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Use image tags in your signature. Like this (without the spaces between the brackets)...

[ IMG]http://www.yourimagehere.com/image.jpg[/IMG ]

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I have the Goodtimes versions, and am satisfied with them.

I wouldn't suggest upgrading unless you really, really love the movies or absolutely need the anamorphic transfers. But if you don't already own the Goodtimes discs, go ahead and get the Universals. There's no point in seeking out the OOP Goodtimes discs.

StevenF

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to have the advanced trailer for Halloween III. It was a slow closeup of a green screen computer with a witches hat on it and the screen said something. Only seen it in the theater and never on video.

Like I was saying earlier... I have the Goodtimes version. I was just wondering if the Universal had a better transfer than the Goodtimes. Since I have a 55" Widescreen TV, it might be worth picking the Universal up just for the Anamorphic.

StevenF

Stunt Coordinator
Point taken. Guess I just need the push. After all... it is Halloween III and not Star Wars. Thanks all for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks