What's new

HALLOWEEN II & III ARE COMING TO BLU (There Is, However, Bad News) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping for a two or three-disc set of Halloween II
Three Discs!!!??? Wow! Seriously though, it would have been cool to include the television version. Even if it had to be a SD, Pan and Scan version, it still would have been an interesting extra.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
It really would not have been that bad of a thing to include Halloween II and Halloween III as a double feature and also Terror in the Aisles.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by WillG

I was hoping for a two or three-disc set of Halloween II, but this Blu-ray release with Terror in the Aisles (and this is a cliche) is the next best thing.

Three Discs!!!??? Wow!

Seriously though, it would have been cool to include the television version. Even if it had to be a SD, Pan and Scan version, it still would have been an interesting extra.

I am being serious. Nothing wrong in saying that. But you've taken what I said out of context. I did say afterwards that what has been put on this Blu-ray release of Halloween II is the next best thing. Before I first read about Universal's Blu-ray release, I would have liked the theatrical, Rick Rosenthal and TV versions released together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahollis [url=60#post_3854108]
It really would not have been that bad of a thing to include Halloween II and Halloween III as a double feature and also Terror in the Aisles.

Which begs the question, has Halloween III's Blu-ray release been dropped or delayed for some unknown reason?

Going back to Halloween II, what do you think of the sound mix on the Blu-ray release? I've been told that the music was louder than the dialogue.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing that they wanted to see how Halloween II would do before releasing both of them. I think it's safe to assume that if II didn't sell well then III would do even worse. I'd rather see both of them out now (especially since you can bet that the earliest they'll release III is now next September) but, if that's the case, I get it.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Not watched the Halloween II (1981) Blu-ray in full yet, just had a preview look at it. Impressed by what Universal have put on the disc.

Regarding Halloween III, it could be that Universal decided to release it next year which will be the film's 30th anniversary.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Digital Bits today said that Universal is offering an exchange on the HALLOWEEN II Blu-ray to anyone that is upset with the credit alteration by leaving off "Moustapha Akkad presents". All you have to do is email [email protected] to make arrangements for the replacement.

I must say that I thought Universal would not do this and extremely happy that they went the extra mile. I said a few things in previous posts about this, and I humbly take them back.

http://www.digitalbits.com/#mytwocents

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Wasn't expecting Universal to do an exchange of their Halloween II (1981) Blu-ray release. Very pleased about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks