What's new

Halloween fun - movie suggestions (1 Viewer)

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
We damn well better be! :)

There's a thread in the Movies forum that is anticipating it. For anyone in this thread, please join the challenge this year as it's a lot of fun. The basic challenge is to watch 13 "scary" movies during the month. Extra credit goes to those who can cram in 31 or more. Even if you only watch a couple, join and discuss them. I've picked up on some great films because of that thread the last two years. Can't wait for this year (my zip.ca queue is getting many new additions in preparation).

If you want to check out some 60's Japanese horror, try Onibaba or Kwaidan.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This question depends on who's coming to your party. If it's a party of horror movie fans, then anything goes and you can show the slasher flicks! When hosting parties for mixed company, it's best to stick to lighter fare. Try "Beetlejuice," or "Young Frankenstein." People love 'em!

When hosting parties that include little kids, there are lots of good options. I have screened "Mad Monster Party" at an all-ages party, and the kids went NUTS. They LOVED it, and none of them had ever seen it, either! I've also screened "Ichabod & Mr. Toad" at a Halloween party that had kids; that went over well too. That Ichabod was from the old vhs tape that had Mickey Mouse in "Lonesome Ghosts" and Donald Duck in "Trick or Treat." I played the whole thing and the parents told me it was a wonderful idea to show it to the kids.

I have to say though, that the most wildly successful Halloween-themed movie I've ever shown was indeed "Mad Monster Party." It set the exact mood and appeals to children and drunks alike. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks