What's new

Halloween DVD's... (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Can't we all just get along? I wish we lived in a place where companies would come together for the fans... We are willing to shell it out... They would still get their money.

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Can't we all just get along? I wish we lived in a place where companies would come together for the fans... We are willing to shell it out... They would still get their money.

Ryan

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I have held off on buying any of these movies ( one of my favorite horror series) because I heard that they were going to release a boxset of 1,2,4 and 5 (the ones voted the favorites through a poll on SFG)with tons of interviews and commentaries. Those are my favorite in the series so I was excited about the prospects of a boxset with only those.

I also heard through the horrorvine that there will be lots of extra footage from each of these films that never made it in. SFG also said that there would be plenty of "the making of" footage.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I have held off on buying any of these movies ( one of my favorite horror series) because I heard that they were going to release a boxset of 1,2,4 and 5 (the ones voted the favorites through a poll on SFG)with tons of interviews and commentaries. Those are my favorite in the series so I was excited about the prospects of a boxset with only those.

I also heard through the horrorvine that there will be lots of extra footage from each of these films that never made it in. SFG also said that there would be plenty of "the making of" footage.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don't see how they would get H2 in there unless Universal is willing to licence to Anchor Bay.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don't see how they would get H2 in there unless Universal is willing to licence to Anchor Bay.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I suppose maybe Universal has had their edition out for long enough now that maybe they would consider licensing to A.B.

I would like to see the TV cut make it to DVD, although a lot of work would have to be done to make it presentable on DVD. I think some of the extra footage does add to the film and helps fill in some gaps. Commentary and whatever making of material that exists would be great as well.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I suppose maybe Universal has had their edition out for long enough now that maybe they would consider licensing to A.B.

I would like to see the TV cut make it to DVD, although a lot of work would have to be done to make it presentable on DVD. I think some of the extra footage does add to the film and helps fill in some gaps. Commentary and whatever making of material that exists would be great as well.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
So has the "Producer's Cut" of Halloween 6 never been released officially? I thought I remember a VHS of it at one point. I've never seen it, so I don't really know.

It would be cool if the studios could get together and put out a definitive boxset. Maybe Anchor Bay could talk to Universal and Dimension and convince them that there is definitely a market for it.

Or if they wanted to, I guess they could release their own separate sets and coordinate release dates.

With Halloween 9 :rolleyes:coming next year, something like that would be a great tie-in.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

There were many VHS editions of this, but they were all bootlegs.

The likelyhood of ever seeing an official release of it is nil, since the director apparently had final cut in his contract so long as the film got an "R".

Lee_eel

Second Unit
The r2 version of Halloween 2 is one of the worst ransfers i have seen. It looks like a second rate video copy. There's pixelation, colour bleed, vast amounts of grain, washed out picture and the black levels are poor. In fact, it's not that good!

Greg Black

Second Unit
I just wish there was a Halloween (1) DVD with the DiviMax transfer from 2003, and the color timing from the '99 LE.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know why (in the LE), in the scene where Michael is busting through the kitchen door after Jamie-Lee, that in the first shot the door is bathed in a strong blue tint, but when it cuts back to the same shot, it's grey? I would assume that both shots were filmed continuously, so there shouldn't be a difference in the tints.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I've heard that a boxed set won't happen, even though both Universal and Disney have a working relationship with Anchor Bay.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
After some of Anchor Bay's amazing DVD releases as of late (Dawn of Dead Ultimate Edition comes to mind) I would be overjoyed to see them do a box set of all the films. However, I'd rather them wait until the series is complete, whether it be after the 9th installment, or later. Personally I'd be rather upset to get a box set of the first 8 films only to have the 9th come out a year later. (and then the 10th, and then so on...)

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks