What's new

Halloween 4 rotted! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Well, I've finally witnessed DVD-rot firsthand. Got the reissue last year and it played fine, got it out this year being Halloween and all and saw most of the gold surface of the dual-layer disc had turned blue, and none of my players will play it now. Out of over 300 discs this is the first one I've had that happen to, even Kentucky Fried Movie, which I've read of several cases of 'rot' on, is still OK. (I don't have any of the notorious earlier titles like Contact though.)

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Hmmm. Sounds pretty odd. I know Anchor Bay are probably the worst bringers of the supposed "DVD rot" thing. The discs have never changed color on me but two of my AB DVD's have gone defective all the sudden for no reason (Deep Red and Phenomena). Go to Anchor Bay, read their replacement policy, send it to them, and most likely they'll send you replacements. They sent me working copies of Deep Red and Phenomena free of charge. :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Hm, this is the first I've heard of a gold disc turning blue. Can you scan or photograph the disc and post it so we can see what this looks like?

Most of the Anchor Bay discs that Crest National used the defective lacquer on didn't have any visible defects on the physical disc. I don't recall if Crest did Halloween 4. In any event, Anchor Bay is very good about issuing replacement discs.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this disc is made by Crest National, but being technically challenged I can't put a picture of it up here. It does look rather strange, the middle is bluish, then there's a circle of the normal gold color then it turns blue again.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
My 1997/98 copy of Contact is still going strong but my copy of Kentucky Fried Movie bit the dust middle of summer this year.:frowning: I must however say that Anchor Bay was extremely prompt in replacing it. Two and half weeks after mailing it to them, there was my replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks