What's new

Halloween: 25 Years of Terror (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Exactly!
But between the 2 docs on the 2 disc and the Divimax, I think we have plenty of Halloween material. What else COULD there be? LOTS of repetition methinks.

;) d

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just want to thank Kevin M for waking my ass up about the color timing issue on the Divimax release in one of the other threads, I cannot bring myself to watch that one now.

I would love a do over of the Divimax with the correct and Dean Cundy approved color timing. :emoji_thumbsup:

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yes, there probably would be, but it would be nice to see more comprehensive looks at the other films in the series as well. There hardly anything out there regarding Halloween II and III. The Halloween IV DVD had a decent, but brief featurette. Don't really know what the other DVDs have.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

Yeah, as much as I love Halloween, I think we've heard enough on the making of it. What I want to hear is lots of behind the scenes information on parts 2-8 and hopefully that is what this documentary will focus most on. As for what the other DVDs have, Halloween 5 has a good (but far too short) featurette just like Halloween 4, Halloween 6 has nothing, Halloween 7 also has a good, but short featurette, and Halloween 8 has a commentary, deleted scenes, featurettes, etc. I'm hoping we get some good features on the Divimax releases of Halloween 4 and 5. I definitely want commentary tracks with the directors and Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Why do all the transfers of Halloween have different cropping? I mean, how hard is it to transfer a 2.35:1 film?

Ethan Halo

Auditioning
Rumor has it that there actually ARE some things to add about Halloween (for example, deleted scenes that were only recently unearthed). Also, for people interested in Halloween 2 and 3 supplements--the Region 2 releases feature commentaries by horror film critics. (Supposedly the Region 1 Halloween 2 remaster was supposed to have had a Rick Rosenthal commentary but it fell through for whatever reason.)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Because he was busy filming Halloween: Resurrection.

:angry: :angry: :angry: Looks like nothing really came from that... ;) At least nothing good.

What on earth are these recently unearthed deleted scenes from Halloween? I thought it was well established that everything from the shooting script mostly was in the film. Perhaps they actually DID film some stuff that didn't make the cut.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I would like to see a release of Halloween II that included the theatrical version and the alternate TV cut, like what was done for "Dune" (although not on a Universal "Made in Mexico" DVD-18). The TV version seems to be somewhat complicated so I wonder what the possibility of delivering it in widescreen would be. Commentary would be good as well.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

This commentary is hilarious! It's the first time I've listened to a commentary by people who had nothing whatsoever to do with the making of the film, and in this case, it was probably more entertaining than anything Rosenthal would have said. The 5.1 remix was also great on this disc. Sadly, the transfer is the pits.

-Lyle J.P.

Ethan Halo

Auditioning
Actually the deleted scenes (including a possible alternate ending)--not the widescreen television scenes--were discovered in, I believe, the past year or so. (There seems to be some further evidence that the ending as it exists may have been picked up in a reshoot). I got this information in a rather veiled form on another board from a good source. One more release of Halloween could be good if, besides the inclusion of these new supplements, they took the Divimax transfer and had Cundey supervise the color timing again to marry the respective strengths of both of the previous transfers.

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see John Carpenter go back and edit Halloween 1&2 together into one giant, definative movie. I'd call it "Halloween: The Night He Came Home". It would technically be a new movie for copyright purposes so maybe it could circumvent the legal issues currently keeping the two films apart. Such a film could probably merit a limited theatrical release in addition to DVD. It would be perfect for the 30th Anniversary of the original's release.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

Well, you'd have to get the rights to put the two films together in the first place, so it wouldn't help anything in that regard. The films are simply owned by two different entities.

DJ

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
Was it always that way Damin? If I recall correctly the new scenes for the "extended TV version" of Halloween were shot during the filming of Halloween II. That would seem to be a very odd thing for a studio to allow if there wasn't some kind of relationship there. I can't imagine a director on, say, a Fox film saying "Hey, I need to shoot some pickups for this other movie for Paramount, mind if I use the cameras, film, and crew that YOU'RE paying for to do it?"

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

Are you sure that they did use the cameras, film stock, and crew from the sequel to shoot those additional scenes? All they really needed from the original production was Donald Pleasence and Jamie Lee Curtis. The TV scenes may have just been a small parallel production that worked around the schedule for the main film.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks