What's new

Hallmark sold their Entertainment to their president, good news for Hal Roach fans? (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Did RHI Entertainment, what owned the Hal Roach library in the early 90's, treat this material with any respect? according to this the President of Hallmark Entertainment bought Hallmark Entertainment from Hallmark and it will be RHI again. This backs up some rumors going around. Is this good news for fans of the Hal Roach Studios?

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
If this is true, then this is absolutely fantastic news.

There are few things that I want more badly than a complete chronological "Our Gang" set. Please, Please, Please with sugar on top.

It seemed Hallmark's primary goal was to sit on these classics and release sporadic insulting releases in a manner that seemed like they were trying to destroy the market for their own product. It never made any sense, and for these films to be in anybody's hands but Hallmark is great news.

With all of the great releases coming from WB, it's hard to rank what is more exciting, but I put this right near the top.

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
Unfortunately, I've heard nothing that would indicate that the vintage film catalog went back to RHI as part of the deal, but I'm waiting to hear back from them to confirm one way or the other.

www.inthebalcony.com

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I have been asking around at all the places I could think of and Hallmark.com sent me this in response to me asking if Hallmark still owned the Hal Roach library:

They seem not to know specifically the information I am asking about. They do say that they kept Hallmark Hall of Fame though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks